Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 14, 2017

Wave radio 3 blue tooth not discoverable

I have the Wave Music System 3 CD/Radio purchased in 2013. I also have the Wave Bluetooth Music Adaptor connected to it. I used to be able to listen to music originating from my desktop computer. Now when I press and hold the AUX button on the remote control I am not getting Bluetooth to show on the Wave system display. 

The remote and radio/Cd work fine otherwise. Do I have a problem with the remote, the System 3 radio, or the Music adaptor? How do I tell which? How do I fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

Re: Wave radio 3 blue tooth not discoverable

I have the same problem, with my wave 3, bought the bluethooth adapter, now it wont pick up my iphone bluetooth signal...

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello jerrytheplater and official22yrs,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are both experiencing with your Wave Bluetooth Music Adapters. 

First, I'd recommend resetting both the Wave system and the Bluetooth Music Adapter. 

• Disconnect the power cord from the Wave Music System III or Wave Radio III
  • Disconnect the Bluetooth Music Adapter
  • Wait 60 seconds
  • Reconnect the Bluetooth Music Adapter
  • Reconnect the Wave system's power cord
  • Retest the system. 

If you are still experiencing issues after this, I'd next recommend re-pairing your device with the Bluetooth Adapter. 

• First, open the Bluetooth menu on your computer or mobile device. 
  • Find the Bluetooth adapter and delete or forget the device from the list.
  • Next, turn on your Wave system and select the Bluetooth source:
    • Press the AUX button until BLUETOOTH appears on the Wave system display.
  • Put the Bluetooth Music Adapter into discoverable mode:
    • Press and hold down the Preset 5 button for five seconds
    • The indicator on the music adapter flashes steadily and DISCOVERABLE flashes on the Wave system display
  • On your computer or mobile device; Scroll through the Bluetooth device list and select BOSE ADAPTER. 
  • The Wave system emits a tone and BLUETOOTH appears on the display when the connection is ready for use. 

Let us know if these steps help!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2017

Hi Brian (or other moderator),

I'm having the same issue. The Bose no longer shows "Bluetooth" on the screen with the Bluetooth Adapter plugged in and the system set to Aux. I have tried resetting both the Wave system and the Bluetooth Music Adapter, with no success. The Blue light is not on on the Bluetooth adapter. Is it possible that the adapter has died? How would I know this is the issue vs. the port on my Wave III system dying?

Any help anyone could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Kevin, 

I'm sorry to hear that. If the above steps haven't resolved this, I'd recommend reaching out to your local service group so they can assist. If you go to the site HERE, select your country, scroll down and click on "Contact Us", you should see their phone number. 

Thank you