Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2018

Wave randomly turns on

Elderly parents have a Wave for internet radio and playing CDs (not many single unit options that had both when they bought it). Sounds great.....but it randomly turns itself on. No logic to time or circumstance.....often in the middle of the night. They have resorted to switching off at the mains which is ridiculous. Re-installed app, followed instructions from helpdesk to update, even re-positioned in room and into a different room. Nothing fixes it and I'd never buy another Bose based on this and the same issue I see on other Bose products (on this forum and elsewhere) and I have a soundlink mini II so I am not anti-Bose.

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this....it isn't a cheap piece of equipment, especially for pensioners......

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Wave randomly turns on

Hi Footy,

Thanks for reaching out. I am so sorry to hear about that. I see how that would be frustrating. Could we try something? Just for troubleshooting could you disconnect it from the internet to see if the issue is internet related? 

Sorry to ask just trying to narrow down where the issue might be.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Tony G,

All of a sudden there's interest? Bose hasn't done a darn thing about this issue for what, almost a year?

I had to delete the upgraded software and reinstall a previous version. If however, a customer just bought the product, I'm betting they can't load the old software.

Tony, are you a Bose rep? If so, why hasn't Bose dealt with this issue a long time ago?

Queneau

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 25, 2018

I dont think Bose cares about this issue. New firmwares just keep coming but this issue is still not fixed.

Tired of the auto-on feature everytime bluetooth device is in proximity 😞

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2018

Thanks Tony G, my father takes things very literally and completely unplugged the WiFi pedestal section from the unit (which the instructions and helpdesk had said not to do). He then plugged back in the next day without powering down. Nearly 3 weeks later and he has had not one single automatically switching on. Previously it would have been an issue within 24 hrs. Slightly strange, but seems fixed.....could the connection at the back between the two units have been the problem??? Left it a while before updating this post but he is now happy although annoyed the helpdesk could not have suggested it each time he rang.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello Footy,

Thanks for coming back to give us an update. It is possible that what your father did caused the unit to resume functioning normally. Either way, I am glad the situation is resolved without having to resort to the mains. For future reference the full reset procedure, which should help with a majority of potential issues, is as follows: 

To reset the Wave SoundTouch Music System, follow these steps:

1. If there is a disc in the system, eject it whenever possible
  2. Turn the system off
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the Wave SoundTouch. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
    1. If there is a disc in the system that was not previously ejected, the disc should eject. The disc will automatically reload if it is not removed within 10 seconds
  5. Retest the system

To reset the SoundTouch pedestal, follow these steps:

1. On the back of the SoundTouch pedestal, press and hold the Control button for more than 10 seconds and then release it
  2. After several seconds the pedestal should turn on again and reconnect with your network

Hopefully, your father won't need them! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support