robertc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 11, 2017

What would you do with an older system (Bose Lifestyle 28)?

I have truly enjoyed my Bose Lifestyle 28 system for a decade now watching DVD's and listening CD's. With technology changing, it is clearly time for a system upgrade with new encoding format coming out, bluray etc..

I enjoy my new TV's 4K capability, as well as my new Denon receiver (Model: AVR-S920W).  My question is the following:

Is there any way I can use  the Bose Lifestyle 28 speakers and subwoofer with this receiver, instead of being limited to have them connected to the Lifestyle 28 DVD console?

If this is not an option, if I buy a "newer" subwoofer that would allow me to utilize my Denon receiver, will I be still be able to use the Lifestyle 28 cube speakers?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: What would you do with an older system (Bose Lifestyle 28)?

Thank you for reaching out to us. While these speakers rely on the Bose console, you can running the audio output of the television to continue using the system with your new TV. Because this Denon receiver doesn't have an audio output, there wouldn't be a way to connect them directly. 

Highlighted
cornishdave
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 6, 2015

Re: What would you do with an older system (Bose Lifestyle 28)?

I have an older ls28 which has been superb, I have upgraded it to a 600. I sold my 28 on eBay as they are still well sought after, otherwise treat a spare room in your house to another hifi if it doesn't already have one and use the 28 there