Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

Windows 10 driver for Companion 2 multimedia speaker system

Is there a windows 10 driver for my Companion 2 multimedia speaker system?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Windows 10 driver for Companion 2 multimedia speaker system

Hi jasmit00!

The Companion 2 series of speakers connect to the computer using a 3.5mm auxiliary connection into the headphone jack. There should be no need for specific drivers for the Companion 2 speakers, only the standard audio card drivers which are typically pre-installed on the computer.

Curiously are you experiencing an issue while attempting to use the Companion 2 speakers on the computer? If so, let us know what the specific issue is and we can certainly assist from there!

Thanks!

-Michael

Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

Michael, I have a port replicator that successfully allowed me to connect my Companion 2s and hear audio from my old Windows 7 PC.  However, since buying a new Win 10 PC, I get no sound with the exact same connection (through the aux headphone jack).  There are no software updates for the port replicator so I thought I'd see if a Win 10 driver for the speakers existed that might resolve the issue.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi jasmit00,

That is completely understandable. No drivers are required for the Companion 2 system since it simply outputs line-out audio. A good way to test this would be to plug in a normal pair of headphones into the AUX headphone jack on the port replicator. If you still do not hear audio I would recommend contacting the manufacturer of the port replicator to see if there is an incompatibility issue with Window 10 or if there are any troubleshooting steps that you may be able to do to resolve this.

Thank you,

-Michael