Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2015

Wired bass modules

Hi guys I have 2 lifestyle systems (a 650 and a 600) anyway the 650 in the lounge I am considering adding a second subwoofer. So here are some questions I need some answers too;

could I use the smaller cheaper bass module 500, it doesn’t say it’s compatible but it is with sound bar 300....

failing that;

Can I connect 2 subs with a wired connection? If so could I save myself a bit and buy the bass module 500 to use as a secondary subwoofer? I can get a 3.5mm lead as well as a 3.5mm splitter which will give me 2 3.5mm outputs. Will this work? 

Also can you tell me the signal from the head unit for the sub output (the 3.5mm socket) is this a line level output or is this a photo style low level signal? I ask as I have a spare rel active sub (has a choice of low and high level inputs). I could use a 3.5mm to phono socket converter if this would work and use this sub alongside the Bose one....

thanks sorry for the advanced questions but I phoned customer service today who were hopeless (they obviously just read script of a computer with little product knowledge) 

1 REPLY 1
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Wired bass modules

Hi cornishdave,

Thanks for the question!

You can connect two bass modules, however they have to both be wireless and they have to be the same model.  If you are using the 3.5mm audio cable for a wired connection, you can only have a single bass module connected to the console.

The signal coming from the 3.5mm connection on the console is digital, not low level analog.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support