Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike Alexander
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2020

Wireless speakers

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me out with my question. I have the Bose SoundTouch 130 system and wanted to add the wireless cube speakers or the Surround wireless 700 speakers to my system.Is this system capable of accepting either of these wireless speaker options? From what I’ve read and researched the system will let you add more speakers such as these for rear speakers making the system a Surround sound system.

Bose product name 

Bose Surround wireless cubes or surround

Country

Canada 

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Wireless speakers

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mike Alexander

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out with your question!

The SoundTouch 130 is not compatible to add rear speakers, this includes the Bose Surround Speakers or the Bose Surround Speakers 700. 

You can look at expanding your system with other SoundTouch products to group together in the SoundTouch app, however do note this does not work so effectively as a home cinema set up as due to the processing to pair the speakers together, when watching video you can experience an audio to video delay. The speakers will also just play in unison opposed to providing a stereo surround experience. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tegan_M

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mike Alexander

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out with your question!

The SoundTouch 130 is not compatible to add rear speakers, this includes the Bose Surround Speakers or the Bose Surround Speakers 700. 

You can look at expanding your system with other SoundTouch products to group together in the SoundTouch app, however do note this does not work so effectively as a home cinema set up as due to the processing to pair the speakers together, when watching video you can experience an audio to video delay. The speakers will also just play in unison opposed to providing a stereo surround experience. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Mike Alexander
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2020

Thanks for getting back to me I appreciate your help.