Highlighted
paulauryn
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

Wireless surround sound

Hi, I currently have a Bose Acoustimass 10 speaker system with a Yamaha receiver. I want to go completely wireless and have Alexa integration as well but am not sure which setup I would need.  Any advice is appreciated.  I would still like to have the front center, left and right along with the rear leaft and right. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Wireless surround sound

Hi paulauryn,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

The Acoustimass 10 system is not capable of being a fully wireless system, as it requires speaker cables from the receiver to the acoustimass module, then the module to the five separate speakers.

Do you want Wi-Fi delivered music to your receiver?  If so, a SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter may be what you're looking for.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

paulauryn
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

Thanks for the reply.  This may be the soultion I need.  One more question; I am trying to "downsize" my receiver.  Does Bose have any receivers that would work with my Acoustimass 10 speakers?  For example, would an older Lifestyle receiver integrate with the speakers as well as the SoundTouch wireless adapter?  Thanks again.

Community Manager

Hi paulauryn,

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, the Acoustimass line of systems were intended for use with 3rd party receivers as our Lifestyle systems used proprietary cables to link the bass module to the console.  There are certainly other receivers on the market these days that come in a more sleek package with a lot of these features built in like Alexa, Spotify, or Pandora.  It may be worth looking into something like this as an all in one type of solution.

Warm Regards,

Tony A