Billp
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

audio cable lifestyle 20

i was checking the continuity of my lifestyle 20 audio cable connected to a acoustimass 30 speaker module. Only 7of the 8 pins has contunity, does anyone know if this is normal or is there a problem?  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: audio cable lifestyle 20

Hi Billp, 

Thank you for the post. If this is happening on any pin other than 8, you may have a problem with the cable. Pin 8 is for the remote antenna so if any pin doesn't need continuity, that would be it. 

If you need to get a new cable, please reach out to your regional service group. If you go HERE, select your country, then scroll down and click on "Contact Us", you should see their phone number. Let us know if you have any other questions! 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Billp
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2018

Brent, thank you for your response. Just so happens right after I sent this post I located a wiring diagram on the web, and yes you are correct. I've been having problems with the audio and am trying to resolve it by process of elimination. So again thanks

Bill P

Rit
Participant
Registered since

Jan 26, 2018

I have the lifestyle 20 and the acoustimass 30, but I am missing the connecting cable.  There are so many different cables out there for Bose systems, I don't know what is the correct cable.  The music center 20 has an 8 pin connection while the acoustimass subwoofer has a 13 pin connection.  If a part number is available, that would be helpful.

Thanks

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Rit, 

Thanks for the post. I'd recommend using the instructions I gave Billp and reaching out to your local service group so they can place an order for you. We typically don't like to post part numbers here as they can change. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support