Highlighted
juelco
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 24, 2019

blue ray compatibility with Bose 28 lifestyle home theatre

Can I play blue ray movies thru my Bose 28 lifestyle home theatre. I have not bought a blue ray as of yet, however I am looking into this as I also want to record on blue ray since i edit my home movies, etc. Would appreciate any info on both of these ideas.

Thank-you,

Juelco

3 REPLIES 3

Re: blue ray compatibility with Bose 28 lifestyle home theatre

Hello Juelco, 

Thank you for getting in touch! I will be happy to assist you. 

The Lifestyle 28 system is not compatible with Blu-ray. However many of our newer systems are compatible to support an external Blu-ray player,
But none of our source systems can support the Blu-ray format. 

If you require any more assistance or have any other questions do feel free to contact us again. 

Kind regards, 
Liam - Community Support

NeonsNight
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Purchase one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GGT8FQN/

Connect it to your TV's HDMI ARC channel then connect your other HDMI devices into the switch and the Fiber optic audio to the Lifestyle 28. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VyCG9Ltm5k

I believe you need to tell the lifestyle system to use the Lifestyle 28's Fiber optic, but @Liam_G would be able to help you more with that 🙂

3 HDMI Inputs 1 HDMI output supports 4K 60HZ 4:4:4 8 bit HDR, with audio extractor SPDIF / Stereo audio output, supports audio return channel. It can extract audio from any one of the 3 HDMI inputs and output to SPDIF and stereo audio at the same time. Auto-switching supports to be turned on / ...

@NeonsNight 

Thank you for the suggestion, always appreciate any recommendations that you have! 

@Juelco

Just bare in mind that we don't test our products with all third-party products so I cannot guarantee that it will work 100% but by all means feel free to test. 

If you do have any questions or queries please do get back in touch and I will be happy to provide more information.

Kind regards 
Liam - Community Support