marmite833
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

bluetooth audio

i have a v35 system with satellite and blueray connected and output to samsung smart tv. The optical out from the tv is also connected as is the hdmi from the v35 output. the problem i have is that when i turn on bluetooth on the tv for my headphones, i get no audio output from the tv but i still have audio output from bose speakers. I can only get audio out to the bluetooth headphones if i turn off all other devices ie satellite and bose v35 just leaving the tv on. How can i get audio to my headphones via bluetooth from my bose?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: bluetooth audio

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hi there @marmite833 , and thank you for following up!

There is no way to connect a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth source directly to our Lifestyle V35 without a separate adapter.

The good news is that there are still ways to resolve your issue here! With that in mind, can I ask that you check the following steps for this?

1) If you go to the audio/sound settings for your TV after connecting headphones via Bluetooth, are you able to select what you want the audio output device(s) to be?

If so, can you please select for this to play from just the headphones, or to play from the headphones and the TV (as the TV usually won't play while headphones are paired).

2) When both the V35 and headphones are connected, are you able to adjust the volume/mute these separately (e.g. using the V35 remote to mute/lower the volume of the V35)? If so, are you able to do this to mute and stop all audio from the V35 and only play through the headphones?

Please get back to me when you can to let me know how the above goes!

Liam W

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jessie_O

Hi Marmite833, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your headphones. I can understand how frustrating this must be! I'd love to help!

Can you confirm which source you are trying to listen to? Is the source connected directly to the TV or to the V35?

Once I have this infomration I will be able to advise you on the next steps. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
marmite833
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

Hi Jessie

The device is a western digital storage device connected over ethernet to the tv and not directly to the bose system. 
Is there a way to connect to bose directly from nas?
Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

Hi there @marmite833 , and thank you for following up!

There is no way to connect a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth source directly to our Lifestyle V35 without a separate adapter.

The good news is that there are still ways to resolve your issue here! With that in mind, can I ask that you check the following steps for this?

1) If you go to the audio/sound settings for your TV after connecting headphones via Bluetooth, are you able to select what you want the audio output device(s) to be?

If so, can you please select for this to play from just the headphones, or to play from the headphones and the TV (as the TV usually won't play while headphones are paired).

2) When both the V35 and headphones are connected, are you able to adjust the volume/mute these separately (e.g. using the V35 remote to mute/lower the volume of the V35)? If so, are you able to do this to mute and stop all audio from the V35 and only play through the headphones?

Please get back to me when you can to let me know how the above goes!

Liam W

View solution in original post