Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 13, 2018

bose cinemate digital home theatre

Hi guys my system is connected to a sony brava 4k tv but the bass level is just so low how do i adjust it? Im using the jack output audio on the tv.
Thank you
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2018

Re: bose cinemate digital home theatre

Hi,

Could you further elaborate as to your AV setup giving model numbers of each and I can advise accordingly.

A.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 13, 2018

Im using a sony 55xe7002 and a bose cinemate digital home theatre speaker system.
Im using the headphone audio out of the tv with a jack to rca phono cable to the bose interface module.
Im awaiting for a delivery of a optical to analogue converter hopping that it will improve the sound quality. I was using the bose companion 3 before and as you know theres a bass knob regulator on the back.
Would i possibly be able to use an amplifier between the tv and the bose system? if so which one would i benefit more from?
Thank you so so so much for helping me out
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2018

Hi, 

I have the 43" Version of the TV! Great value for money IMO. The headphone output from a TV will always reduce the dynamics of the output as it is intended to support headphones which they dont want to damage. Using this output isn't ideal, as you will also have two different volume controls (One for the TV and one for the Bose System if this has its own volume!) So you will definately notice a difference using optical. 

Is there no way of going from the TV into the Cinema using Optical? This will send a full dynamic audio through the Optical cable drastically improving the audio. If you let me know the model number of your Cinemate I can look into this for you?

I am not all that familiar with the Bose Cinemate, but I know home cinema. Does the Cinemate unit drive the speakers with a built in amplifier ? So what do the speakers plug into and what do the does that unit plug into? 

If you let me know the above, I can assist with advising accordingly.

A.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 13, 2018

Hey there. Ive bought a optical to analogue converter as the interface module is phono input.. so basically the audio from the tv connects to the interface module and that connects to the sub the 2 speakers also connect to the sub so i presume its considered active speakers right?
Here is a link for my bose system.
Bose_37487_CineMate_Digital_Home_Theater.html
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2018

Hi, 

From what you’ve described and by searching for your system, it sounds like the Sub is active ( do you have to plug this into power?).

In this instance, the external speakers are passive, but your sub contains the amplifier for the other units.

This would be difficult to adjust the sound, unless you adjusted the settings on the TV. Try this and see if the A to D converter makes a difference. You should notice it straight away.

A.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 13, 2018

Hi Alex thank you for your reply.
The A to D converter isn't good for me as my bose system only takes Analogue. The newer model does have Digital.
I have used a digital to analogue converter: digital from tv to analogue on the bose... but it doesn't seem to improve much...
With this sound system you can only rely on the tv sound settings unfortunately....
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2018

Hi, 

Apologies I meant a Digital to Analogue converter. The only other thing to look into would be a Phono Analogue EQ. This would sit betweenn the DA and Bose system and allow you to sculpt the sound to how you want. 

A.