lrence
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2019

can i add a fourth speaker to soundbar 500 with Bose surround speakers

I have the bose 500 soundbar and surround speakers. I wanted to add a 4th speaker, is this possible?? thanks in advance 

6 REPLIES 6
Howard7
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Re: can i add a fourth speaker to soundbar 500 with Bose surround speakers

I guess no it is not possible..Specificiations don't match here..

Hector_B

Hi Irence, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

The only other speaker that you can add into this loop would be the Bass Module. What speaker were you wanting to add into this setup? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
lrence
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Hi, we have the sound bar + surround speakers in a living room just next to the dining room, but we want to ADD another speaker for the dinning room, so the whole lower house has sound/music at once... Now the music is distant, and ONLY good when near the television.

I would want to add the Soundlink Revolve, or Soundtouch 10, or any soundlink! The idea is that we can SPREAD the music at will.

It's horrible if the soundbar is only linked to the small surround speakers and cannot be expandible to marry with another speaker nearby, in addition to (or replacing) the Surround Speakers.

thanks for any info.

Tegan_M

Hello Irence, 

Thank you very much for clarifying this, I would love to help. 

The soundbar 500 uses the Bose Music App to help enhance operation, therefore if you would like to expand your system you will need a speaker in which also uses the Bose Music App which the Soundlink Revolve and SoundTouch 10 do not use. 

If you are situated within the US or Canada, the speakers which will be available to you at this time for this functionality would be the Home Speaker 500 and the Home Speaker 300 (Currently only available for pre-order). These speakers can be grouped with your system through the Bose Music App. But please consider that you may experience an audio to video delay if you are using this for the purpose of pairing with video, this is due to the Bluetooth processing. However if you want this just for audio this will work fine throughout your home. 

Please let us know if you have any more questions. 

Tegan M 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
lrence
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Cool, so something is possible.

So if i understand correctly, I CAN group a Home Speaker 500 or 300 with the other 3, and this is apparently best for only listening to music (which is exactly when I want to use the 4th speaker for in conjunction with the other 3). 

However, can I disassociate this last speaker HOME SPEAKER 300 or 500 instantaneously when we are watching a movie so there is no lag?

If so, I go buy one to add! 

Thanks. 
Jessie_O

Hi Irence, 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Allow me to clarify. The current set up you have would be classed as 1 speaker system. This is because your SoundBar 500 will be connected the Application and your Surround Speakers connected to the SoundBar. 

You will be able to purchase either of the Homespeakers to use with your system for Music playback in a group. This will play your music at the same time on both systems. You can also use both systems separately with control through the Bose Music Application. 

I have included a couple of links below, one for the HomeSpeaker 500 and the 300 to give you a better understanding of the products:

500 - https://bose.life/2PCWhdP

300 - https://bose.life/2Zd84QR

I hope this help to clarify, If you have any further questions please come back to us. 

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!