Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2017

cinemate original

I have an original cinemate theatre system, i have misplaced the remote ,im looking for codes for my universal remote UR5U-8780L-TWC remote, i have tried every 3 digit code that i can find on the internet, i do not want to purchase another remote,  i do not understand why it is so hard and frustrating to figure this out, im thinking of junking it and going with a system more user freindy please help 

kind regards Derek K.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: cinemate original

Hi Derek K, 

Thank you for the post. Most IR remote codes can come in either 3, 4 or 5 digit format and are usually stored on a chip in the remote itself. It's up to the manufacturer of the remote to decide which format they will use and which device codes are stored on the chip. My best advice would be to reach out to Time Warner to see if they can provide any assistance. They may not have included a code for your Cinemate system. If you do decide you want to purchase a replacement remote, please go to the site HERE, select your country, scroll down to "Contact Us" and give a call to your local service group. 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

Did you ever find out anything? I have the same problem...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2017

Yes after no help from Bose or anybody really I read a post that said not to plug into a surge protector and which mine was , I was then able to program any universal remote , why this works I have no idea but it solved the 3 month problem , I hope this helps
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

Maybe that will help what code did you use for the remote? Thank you
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

I bought a new remote from the bose web site but it will not turn on the green light either, the original remote was much simpler with only on off and volume , they sold me a remote that does nothing

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi cmctigue,

Sorry to hear about the issue that you're having.  It sounds like there may be something wrong with your Cinemate system, as multiple remotes aren't able to control it.  My guess is that the Interface Module needs to be replaced.  My recommendation would be to contact your local service center to place an order for a new module, and return that new remote (unless you would like to keep it).

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2018

I plugged in my OG Cinemate to the RCA fixed audio jackson my TV. My manual says "Using our TrueSpaceTM signal processing technology, CineMate speakers provide improved
spaciousness for bold 3-D effects and movie-like realism from surround encoded DVDs and
other entertainment sources. In fact, they provide much of the performance of premium
five-speaker systems, yet from a modest array of equipment." but how is that possible when the source is a analog 2 channel signal?

And should I set my Netflix audio to Stereo or 5.1? I imagine the 5.1 is the encoding the manual is refering to? 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello @DivePADI,

Thank you for posting. You would want to set your Netflix to Stereo since 5.1 is unable to sent through RCA connections. The system using the TrueSpace technology will widen the sound to a better experience than traditional Stereo sound.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,

Joel