SLTex
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2017

connecting a Bose Wave III radio/cd to an Iphone 6s via Bose Link Bluetooth Adapter

I have the bluetooth adapter that plugs into the back of the Wave III and it worked with my previous iPhone 5 but not the new iPhone.....keep seeing "No Signal" and "Press Play" and "Connecting" on the LED screen but will not synch up.   My other Bluetooth devices all synched almost instantly to the new iPhone.    My Wave III is about two years old.   Seems like there might have been special instructions with the adapter but I have been unable to find them?    Help...   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: connecting a Bose Wave III radio/cd to an Iphone 6s via Bose Link Bluetooth Adapter

Author Accepted Answer selected by SLTex

Let's try clearing the pairing list of the Wave first. Here are the steps to accomplish this:

1. Make sure the system is on 
  2. Press and hold the #6 button on the remote for at least 10 seconds until a tone is heard. This indicates the stored pairing list has been cleared
  3. Release the #6 button
  4. The system will now be in discoverable mode

Once the system is in discoverable mode, we can pair the two. Here's how:

1. Close or stop any applications that are playing audio on the 3rd party device
  2. "Bose Adapter" should become available in the 3rd party device's available Bluetooth device list
  3. If a passcode is needed, use "0000"
  4. If a successful pairing is made, an audible 'beep' will be emitted from the Wave system and BLUETOOTH appears in the display

If the iPhone is still unable to pair with the Wave, let's try another phone or tablet and compare the results. If the Wave will not pair with multiple devices, we'd recommend contacting your local support HERE for further troubleshooting. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: connecting a Bose Wave III radio/cd to an Iphone 6s via Bose Link Bluetooth Adapter

Author Accepted Answer selected by SLTex

Let's try clearing the pairing list of the Wave first. Here are the steps to accomplish this:

1. Make sure the system is on 
  2. Press and hold the #6 button on the remote for at least 10 seconds until a tone is heard. This indicates the stored pairing list has been cleared
  3. Release the #6 button
  4. The system will now be in discoverable mode

Once the system is in discoverable mode, we can pair the two. Here's how:

1. Close or stop any applications that are playing audio on the 3rd party device
  2. "Bose Adapter" should become available in the 3rd party device's available Bluetooth device list
  3. If a passcode is needed, use "0000"
  4. If a successful pairing is made, an audible 'beep' will be emitted from the Wave system and BLUETOOTH appears in the display

If the iPhone is still unable to pair with the Wave, let's try another phone or tablet and compare the results. If the Wave will not pair with multiple devices, we'd recommend contacting your local support HERE for further troubleshooting. 

View solution in original post

SLTex
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2017

Yep that worked....thanks.   Would have been nice to have that detail in the instruction booklet that I kept, but perhaps there was a supplemental document I may have misplaced.