Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baggins@well.com
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 8, 2017

ipod dock for V35

I have a built-in Bose system with a V35 console. It has an IPod dock with a proprietary cable. I am using an Apple adaptor to make this work with current iPod/iPhone devices. 

Two questions 

1) The console is in a rack in a closet, I ran the iPod dock cable out through a hole in the wall but it is in an inconvenient location. Can I get an extension cable (or specs to have one made up)?

2) Can I link an IOS device using Ethernet, WiFi, or Bluetooth (or even HDMI, I guess....) rather than being stuck with this "short leash"?

Thanks

901-II (1970)
901-IV X 2 (4 Ohm setup)
Various headphones/earbuds
BOSEbuild SPEAKER CUBE
WAVE Radio
Acoustic Wave “Boombox”
Virtually Invisible V35 home theatre/multi-room system
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: ipod dock for V35

Author Accepted Answer selected by baggins@well.com

Hi Beegu,

If you have the SoundTouch Wireless Link allows you to connect non-SoundTouch products to the SoundTouch application. You would also access the sources mentioned in your second post via the SoundTouch application. Let's focus on trying to get the SoundTouch Wireless Link attached to the SoundTouch application.

Curiously, when you are going through the initial setup process using the SoundTouch application, were you currently connected to the SoundTouch Wireless Link via Bluetooth? If so, disconnect the Bluetooth product and try once more. If the issue remains, try to factory default the SoundTouch Wireless Link and then try the setup once more. We have instructions on how to do so HERE.

Let us know if that helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi Beegu,

There are no extension cables for the iPod dock on the Lifestyle V35 console, but there are a few ways to connect your iOS device to the system wirelessly.

The first option would be to purchase a Bluetooth receiver such as the SoundTouch Wireless Link and connect that to the console. This would allow you to stream anything from the iOS device via Bluetooth to the console, as well as give the Lifestyle V35 the ability to stream internet radio services such as Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, etc. without the need of an iOS device.

Another option would be to purchase a lengthy RCA to 3.5mm cable to connect from the back of the console to the headphone jack on your iOS device. This would not allow you to charge the iOS device or browse the music via the Lifestyle console, but it will allow you to push the audio from the iOS device to the console.

I hope this helps answer your questions!

baggins@well.com
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 8, 2017

Thanks.

I got the SoundTouch Wireless Link, I am able t sream using Bluetooth from iOSOS and OSX devices.

I am NOT able to use the BOSE SoundTouch iOS application (nor the OSX desktop version) in any useful way as I do not have BOSE wireless speakers, which the apps try to locate as the first step in the setup.

You say I can "give the Lifestyle V35 the ability to stream internet radio services such as Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, etc. without the need of an iOS device."

How do I do this? I can't access the device using the app as I can't get past "find speakers" in the set up menu, is there another way?

Thanks

Tom

@Michael_F wrote:

Hi Beegu,

The first option would be to purchase a Bluetooth receiver such as the SoundTouch Wireless Link and connect that to the console. This would allow you to stream anything from the iOS device via Bluetooth to the console, as well as give the Lifestyle V35 the ability to stream internet radio services such as Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, etc. without the need of an iOS device.

901-II (1970)
901-IV X 2 (4 Ohm setup)
Various headphones/earbuds
BOSEbuild SPEAKER CUBE
WAVE Radio
Acoustic Wave “Boombox”
Virtually Invisible V35 home theatre/multi-room system
Michael_F
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Author Accepted Answer selected by baggins@well.com

Hi Beegu,

If you have the SoundTouch Wireless Link allows you to connect non-SoundTouch products to the SoundTouch application. You would also access the sources mentioned in your second post via the SoundTouch application. Let's focus on trying to get the SoundTouch Wireless Link attached to the SoundTouch application.

Curiously, when you are going through the initial setup process using the SoundTouch application, were you currently connected to the SoundTouch Wireless Link via Bluetooth? If so, disconnect the Bluetooth product and try once more. If the issue remains, try to factory default the SoundTouch Wireless Link and then try the setup once more. We have instructions on how to do so HERE.

Let us know if that helps!

View solution in original post