Guqueoliv
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

lg uj6565 ps4 pro and bose sound touch 300

Good afternoon I'm with the st 300, ps4 pro, tv subscription and tv lg uj6565, but I do not know if I'm enjoying the sound 5.1, I think the TV plays 5.1 but when I see in the audio output hdmi appears pcm or automatic wueria to know how to connect and enjoy all the features in a correct way I await answers thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Squadie
Leader
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Re: lg uj6565 ps4 pro and bose sound touch 300

Author Accepted Answer selected by Guqueoliv
Hi Guqueoliv
Either connect your PS4 to the soundbar by HDMI or Optical cable, not sure if your tv model will pass through 5.1 sound.
On the PS4 settings, go to sound and screen, select audio output settings, then select your desired primary output, if going the optical way, select either bitstream Doly or DTS, optical does not have the bandwidth to carry LPCM 5.1 or above.
With your tv arc settings, make sure below the ticked audio out(optical/hdmi), you have digital sound out set to auto, simplink on.
Hope this helps

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Squadie
Leader
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Guqueoliv
Hi Guqueoliv
Either connect your PS4 to the soundbar by HDMI or Optical cable, not sure if your tv model will pass through 5.1 sound.
On the PS4 settings, go to sound and screen, select audio output settings, then select your desired primary output, if going the optical way, select either bitstream Doly or DTS, optical does not have the bandwidth to carry LPCM 5.1 or above.
With your tv arc settings, make sure below the ticked audio out(optical/hdmi), you have digital sound out set to auto, simplink on.
Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Guqueoliv
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

Good afternoon, thanks for the reply from the previous post. Can you give me one more question? I wanted to know what the best audio quality, dts dolby or pcm ... and know the difference between them thank you.By hdmi connection can you play audio pcm ?? pcm is the best option pq on my tv appears pcm. Thank you.
Guqueoliv
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

Still in doubt, does the bar play pcm or not? I'm very confused .. and better connect the pro ps4 directly on the bar by optical cable or by hdmi on tv and tv on the bar by hdmi arc ??? every thing I read becomes more confusing .. if you can help me?
Squadie
Leader
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Hi Guqueoliv

Of course I'll help, we have all had to start somewhere 🙂

1)Your best option would be HDMI cable from PS4 into sound bar, this way you can hear all the audio codecs your bar can decode and LPCM, the bar passes on 4k HDR video onto your Tv.

2)Next best option is optical cable from PS4 into sound bar, Hdmi cable from PS4 straight into the Tv, this option will only allow Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 sound, PCM 2.0 sound.

3)Last option would be, to have the PS4 plugged straight to the Tv and use the arc connection for sound to the bar, this option may not allow surround sound passthrough !!

Brief description of the science of sound.

The Human ear only hears analogue sound which can be captured on magnetic tapes or records and, takes alot of storage space, to solve this, analogue sound is converted to Digital sound  which compose of 0's and 1's, these then can be stored on discs and other storage means.  Digital sound takes up less space than analogue.

Digital sound can then be compressed to make the file size even smaller, this is where Dolby Digital or DTS comes into effect, these are known as audio codecs, the difference between the two are they are compressed in a different way to one another then, reopened in a different way so they can go through a digital to analogue converter (DAC) so, the Human ear can hear the actual sound.  As for which is best, this is down to personnel preference, try both, you may not hear a difference, then again, you may favour one above the other.

Pulse Code Modulation (PCM) is uncompressed, digital stereo sound.

Linear Pulse Code Modulation (LPCM) is uncompressed digital surround sound.

Take an A4 size of paper with writing on, now compress this into a tight ball, carefully reopen this and read the writing on the paper, there are some words that may not be readable due to creases on the paper because it has been compressed (Dolby Digital or DTS).

PCM/LPCM would be the same has reading the A4 paper before it got screwed into a ball due to these digital sounds not being compressed.

Any how, hopes this helps you out.

All the best.

Squadie

Guqueoliv
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

Thanks a lot, things are clearing, currently my connections are like this: tv lg uj49 '6564, st 300 connected by arc, ps4 pro connected to tv by hdmi and hd tv subscription with converter that passes video 1080p and audio dd. What you are talking about to do is: connect the ps4 pro by hdmi cable straight into the bar in the second input and the bar repoduces the video to tv by 4k hdr. Tv direct subscription on tv by hdmi is this ?? Last doubts I promise. Turning the hdmi on the bar and the bar for tv does not lose video quality? And wanted to know if the hdmi cable that comes in the bar (st 300) and 2.0 and hi speed? thank you so much
Squadie
Leader
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Hi there
With your setup, plug the PS4 straight into the soundbar by HDMI.
Plug your set top box into the tv by HDMI and plug an optical cable from your set top box into the bar.
This way, you will get max sound and video quality from bar and Tv.
You will not loose any video quality from PS4 to Tv providing, your using good quality HDMI high speed cables and keeping the total length down of the cables from the PS4 to the Tv.
My set up is half a meter of HDMI cable from Ps4 to Bose, cable length from Bose to Tv is 1.5 meters, giving a total length of 2 meters from ps4 to tv. I have no problems with the setup and your bar will pass through 4K HDR video to your Tv.
The HDMI cable that comes with the bar is high speed and will send a 4K HDR signal through but, the key of a successful video transfer is the total length of cables used from one device to the Tv. Use a total length of 3-4 meters as a guide line.
Hope this helps.

Squadie
Guqueoliv
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

Thanks ... for now I have the original cables, bose that comes in the bar and ps4 I intend to buy better cables because I do not have ctz if they are 2.0 my TV the hdmi inputs are 2.0. distance between the receivers are about 1m and a half because everything is in my room. What would drop box? doing this configuration that you told me, in the bose app have to configure something in the outputs? Recapping: Ps4 pro hdmi out - bose hdmi in - bose hdmi arc out-- hdmi arc in - sat tv hdmi out - tv hdmi in - dig out out sat tv - dig optical bose in? TV set-up is set to automatic? And for the content of the netflix 4k that comes in the tv the tb sound comes 4k?
Squadie
Leader
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Sorry about that, I assumed you had a set top box but, looking back at your post, you only have the PS4 and Tv with inbuilt tuner.
Well like I said, PS4 connected to your bar by HDMI cable, on your Tv, make sure the sound out is selected, Hdmi arc as explained in previous posts. This will give you the best overall sound and vision from your devices.
Hope this helps