jebster
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2017

lifestyle 18 adding another set of speakers

I have another acoustimas speaker & want to set it up on the boselink.  it does not work.  has anybody tryied to make a splitter with the 9 pin cable so the media center speaker out is split to two(2) 9 pin cables.  then hook up another set of speakers identical to the set that came with the lifestyle 18?  i got extra speakers for cheap & trying to get around having another remote to control another zone.  i tried a splitter but does not make both acoustimas speakers play.  any ideas?  thnx for your time.  jeb@cox.net.

1 REPLY 1
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: lifestyle 18 adding another set of speakers

Hi jebster, 

Thank you for the post. Curiously, do you know which series of Lifestyle 18 you have? Is the media center a model AV-18 or AV-28? From what you've described, it sounds like your Lifestyle 18 has an AV-18 media center. We did, at one time, make a splitter but to see if it's still available, you'll need to go HERE, select your country, scroll down and click on "Contact Us" and give your local service group a call. 

However, even if you have the splitter, a second zone remote will definitely still be necessary to get the media center to output to the dedicated assigned room code for the expansion speakers. Also, which specific Acoustimass are you using to connect for the second zone? For this to work, you'll need to have a system that was engineered to work with Boselink and can be assigned as a dedicated expansion room. Please let us know! 

Kind Regards