Tomas123
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2018

lifestyle 600 and Samsung TV randomly shutting down

Hi all, 

I’ve been using my lifestyle 600 with a Samsung smart tv for 6mths already, it all worked ok. But since say previous week it all went crazy. Looks like the Bose remote can not turn on the TV anymore. When I try turning the TV on by its original remote (which has worked normally), the led indicator on the TV starts blinking like crazy and it doesn’t turn on. Sometimes it does, but then whichever button I press later, it turns off again. The bose console is still on though. Sometimes the TV comes to life when I press Setup on the bose remote, sometimes not. Sometimes the TV turns on randomly (while Bose console shines white). I could not see any “pattern of behaviour” I can only say it is irritating as hell. I tried unplugging both and plugging them again, but it made no difference. Can you please advise how to fix it? Or can somebody tell me why it is not working now when it has been working normally for months?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JB1970
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

Re: lifestyle 600 and Samsung TV randomly shutting down

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tomas123

Hope it's not terminal!  When the TV was working normally during switch on, the led would flash about 3 times roughly once per second before dissapearing and the screen coming on.  When faulty the led would just flash very fast for as long as I held the button for.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JB1970
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

That sounds more like a fault on the TV.  Regardless of what's going on with the Bose, the original TV remote should switch it on.

It's a few years ago now but I had a similar problem with a Samsung TV (it was a 63" plasma - PS63D7000 I think) Just as you describe, the LED would  flash rapidly when trying to switch on but nothing else would happen.  I had a new screen fitted under warranty then a couple of weeks later it went again and needed a new system board (the technician who had replaced the screen warned me that it might fail again as the screen and main board are usually matched). I got Samsung UK to take the TV back and refund me so I could buy a different model.

Tomas123
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2018

Thank you JB. I will have a look at the warranty and call the technician. I also hope it’s going to be solved without buying a new TV. 

JB1970
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tomas123

Hope it's not terminal!  When the TV was working normally during switch on, the led would flash about 3 times roughly once per second before dissapearing and the screen coming on.  When faulty the led would just flash very fast for as long as I held the button for.

View solution in original post

Tomas123
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2018

fortunately it was not terminal. i started using a different remote for the tv and after one day it came to normal again. thank you JB.