blanksat
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 11, 2018

lifestyle 650 freezes up mag254

i have a mag254 iptv box connected to my lifestyle 650 through HDMI.

The image is transmitted fine and the bose lifestyle remote works ok too. however if i switch the lifestyle off the mag254 freezes up. It will only awake when i take the power of the mag254. any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

Re: lifestyle 650 freezes up mag254

Hi blanksat,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this issue. HDMI-CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) could possibly be the culprit. To troubleshoot, let's try switching the Lifestyle system's CEC setting from Default-On to Alternate-On:

1. Turn on the system and press the SETUP button at the bottom of the remote. The Unify menu will appear on the TV screen. If it doesn't, select the TV input the Bose system is connected to.
  2. Select the "CEC Settings" menu option
  3. Press the up or down arrows to highlight a different HDMI CEC setting:
    1. Default On Enables CEC
    2. Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. Off: Disables CEC
  4. Press OK to enable the highlighted HDMI CEC setting
  5. Press EXIT to exit the menu

Let us know if this helps at all! 

If the issue continues, I'd next try the following test:

1. Connect the mag254 box directly to your TV via HDMI. 
  2. After using the box this way, turn off the TV.
  3. Turn the TV back on and see if the freezing continues. 
    • The purpose here is to try to recreate the issue while the device is connected to something other than the Lifestyle console, in this case, your TV. If the issue continues here, we know the issue isn't with the Bose console. 

If needed, you may also want to reach out on the manufacturer's community page. I found a related thread here. 

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support