cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csmart01
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2019

"Solo TV" (Costco Purchase - one with tiny remote) volume control with Cable remote

Hi,

Can't deal with the credit card size reomte getting lost anymore. Any tips on a Spectrum cable Explorer8640HDC2 box and a Samsung TV. I currently have the optical cable from the TV into the sound bar but have tried all combinations and nothing seems to work - I can only control sound bar volume with the Bose remote. Same with power - the Bose must be powered up every time (does not auto wake up). Thanks in advance.

Charlie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
csmart01
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2019

Re: "Solo TV" (Costco Purchase - one with tiny remote) volume control with Cable remote

Author Accepted Answer selected by csmart01

Got it. For my Cisco box (Spectrum provider) the remode code was 31933

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: "Solo TV" (Costco Purchase - one with tiny remote) volume control with Cable remote

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

If you are looking to use a different remote, you may be able to use the remote to your cable box to control the Bose system.  I would look in the codebook for the remote and see if there is one listed for Bose.

If not, you can use a 3rd party remote to control all of your devices, like a Logitech Harmony universal remote.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

csmart01
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by csmart01

Got it. For my Cisco box (Spectrum provider) the remode code was 31933

View solution in original post