Highlighted
Rep
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

sound bar 500 speakers cut out momentarily rather often

t have owned them for 5 days, first 3 days they worked great.  now they cut out while streaming spotify from my ipad mini 4.  the other high quality blu tooth speaker, audio engine, is not doing this.  i am going to return this to best buy if i waste much more effort on it.  yes, i tried turning it off and then back on.  it updated itself at install too. i turned off the other speaker.  my i pad is within 15 feet.  not using the tv, just the blutooth music

7 REPLIES 7

Re: sound bar 500 speakers cut out momentarily rather often

Hello Rep,

Thanks for posting! 

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble, but would like to help. Let's try refreshing the Bluetooth connection. On the soundbar's remote, press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds. On the soundbar, the light bar will pulse blue twice to indicate it has successfully cleared the list of Bluetooth devices that had been connected to the soundbar. "Forget" the soundbar from your iPad's Bluetooth list. Pair and test for function.

Let us know if this helps! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Rep
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

I tried for four hours to get this properly installed and failed. This includes using chat at Bose, telephone help center at Bose, in this. I returned it to Best Buy and bought a Samsung

Paul78
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 9, 2019

Having the exact same issue. I paired it to my tablet, and while sitting no more then 5ft away, it least every song I had listen to, it cuts out once, for the exception of last night the whole bluetooth crashed on the bar and I had to reconnect. Never any other problems connecting my tablet to a bluetooth device, only this bar. I've had it for 2 days and looks like now it's going back to BestBuy. Reading others having the exact same issue is concerning if I'll be exchanging it for another, or looking for another brand. A side note to Bose, I expected the remote to be a bit more of a remote, the thing is so limited with buttons they don't even have a dedicated button to pair your Bose subwoofer lol. So setting that up only came from being on hold with Bose for 30mins to find out, this after the fact of 40mins trying to figure it out before calling. The manual has a diagram of a totally different remote, the one you wish you got.

Hi, Paul78.

Welcome to the community, and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to broadcast audio to the soundbar by Bluetooth properly. At a distance of 5 feet, you shouldn't experience any drops in audio whatsoever. Have you tested other Bluetooth devices to see whether this occurs on all of them?

Also, is your wireless router very close to the soundbar or tablet? If it's broadcasting signals at 2.4gHz, Bluetooth transmissions can be affected. 

Please let me know, and I'll try to be of assistance.

Patrick A - Community Support

Rep
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

first, the exact spot had been occupied by an Audio Engine brand bluetooth speaker.  it never once dropped the sound, not even for a nano second.  yes, did the 5 ft thing, reboot, the router is 3 ft away and relatively new.  so thankful for best buy return policy.  i purchased a samsung to replace it with and it is working great.  my audio engine is smaller and has its home in my office.  the sad part is the bose speaker sounded great between dropped signals

Paul78
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 9, 2019

Hi Patrick, thanks for your response. I'm using a router with a 5ghz signal connected to my devices. The router is central to the house, and has not effected anything else that is connected via bluetooth creating drops, only this soundbar has been problematic. I've cleared the devices of the Bose soundbar and reconnected as suggested to the other poster with this issue as well, but I had the same result. The drops don't happen instantly once the song starts, but as mentioned it least one drop per song at random times. I'm not sure if this is an isolated issue, or more of a wide spread issue in reading similar issues on the 700 series soundbar too. My plan is to exchange the soundbar today at BestBuy and keep my fingers crossed that this is isolated problem, as I really do love the sound from the Bose soundbar paired with the Bose subwoofer.

Hello Paul78,

Sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues with your Soundbar 500 and are looking to exchange. Please let us know if you continue to experience this problem with your new device.

Many thanks,

Tegan M - Community Support