Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asc1939
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2020

soundbar 700-Alexa says skill not enabled-askto find devices -fails

I have used Music app to setup the soundbar 700, I have linked in Alexa on the app. When tested and asking alexa to play some music the response is go to the Alexa app and setup a skill for the sound bar and then ask alexa to discover devices. The Alexa App Skill is enabled for non-Sountouch sound bar, but when Alexa is asked to discover devices none are found( ie no Smart Home devices -why smart home?) and the instructions cycle is repeated. ie setup the skill for the soundbar 700 hundred in the alexa app and then ask to discover devices. I have tried this several time -deleting skill and reconnecting, shutting down soundbar and restarting etc.

I am concerned that looking around the forum there are common issues, such as this and other I have experienced. How often do this issue get looked at by the developement and maintenance team. It seems this issue has been around over a year?

The device is a newly refurbsihed soundbar, could it be it does not have all features required.?

What is the process to overcome this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_W

Re: soundbar 700-Alexa says skill not enabled-askto find devices -fails

Hello Asc1939, 

Thanks for posting. 

Let's get this resolved. 

Can I please start by confirming which region you are in?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
asc1939
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2020

Thank you for your enthusiasm, but since I have had the unit all I seem to be doing is reporting difficulties. Search on the support community forum there are too many similar problems that have been around far far too long. As I have said elsewhere, I bought the sound bar to listen to music and I am not doing that I am helping two major companies debug their products. This piece meal approach leaving all the problem analysis to be resolved 'out in the field'  instead of having dedicated 'teams/task forces' working together  between the companies involved, to product test and to log common problems and also recreate and then fix  these back in the labs is the right way to efficiently and effectively resolve and raise customer satisfaction.  Having a support team is fine but the support team also ought to chase  product Management and Development  Management for better product testing , before shipping, and,  after customer reported experiences!  Customers should not have to be doing this, it is not part of the purchase contract,  but the companies seem to expect it from us,  the case here!

So far, tens if not hundreds,  or even thousand of Alexa and Bose customers are unhappy with the way these things have to be set up and then have to be debugged by  customers.  Fortunately for the companies  some of the younger customers relish in doing this  ( as they know no difference as this is the world since the mid-80's) ; but it is totally unnecessary, if the right product testing was done .    A lot of us customers will be  looking elewhere for better solutions.

I have repacked the unit in it's delivery pack and it is awaiting collection for a return and refund.

I have music to relax to.... I do not relish being stressed out getting your flacky software products  working(Hardware is/was  high quality)  ...

Mobone
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

Bravo! These products are way too expensive to have these types of issues.