stickshift72
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 22, 2019

soundbar 700 can it be linked to the speaker 500? It was linked but 1-2 sec delay in sound

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: soundbar 700 can it be linked to the speaker 500? It was linked but 1-2 sec delay in sound

Hi stickshift72,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

• When you're trying to group the systems, what source are you trying to rebroadcast?
  • Does this happen with something played through the Bose Music app like TuneIn?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

gordex
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Re: soundbar 700 can it be linked to the speaker 500? It was linked but 1-2 sec delay in sound

The Soundbar 500 and 700 allow the user to run their music with their voice, a remote, or the Bose Music App. The reliable voice function uses Amazon Alexa — which can also tell you the weather, and answer your curious questions — to play whatever you desire. You can find more info on this link.

Hi Stickshift72,

Right now it's not possible to make speakers on the same WiFi, play at the exact same time. The issue is with the limitations of the technology we use on a daily basis. Our routers at home can sometimes be too slow at processing, possibly our connections to the Bose Music servers, and also the latency between the speakers and your router when connecting them using WiFi.

We are still making improvements on this as much as we can. There are a few steps to reduce this latency, but again there is no guarantee that these will work:

1. Use hardwired connections to any of our products that have an Ethernet port on the back. (Home Speaker 500 doesn't have this, the Soundbars do)
  2. Upgrade your home network, maybe using a third party router to increase processing speed or WiFi coverage.
  3. Upgrade your Internet Service Provider package to gain faster speeds to our servers and possibly reduce latency.

I hope I have provided some helpful information on this issue. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C