Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2016

soundtouch 300, soundtouch 10 and lifestyle 535 with bluetooth connectivity

I have an HP Omen laptop (windows 10) with Bluetooth option. I have Soundtouch 300, Soundtouch 10 and Lifestyle 535 (with Bluetooth) in three separate rooms that are paired to the laptop via Bluetooth. Every time I come home from work late at night and open my laptop, it automatically connects to the Bose audio devices by turning them all on. All Bose speakers in all rooms make the audible Bluetooth connection confirmation sound and if last known Bose device was streaming Wi-Fi Pandora, it'll start playing music automatically once I open my laptop. Currently my only two choices are: my Bluetooth is in the OFF position on laptop, or unpair all Bose devices from laptop. I keep my laptop Bluetooth On at all times because I need the Fitbit App on laptop to communicate with the Fitbit bracelet. I had to unpair all Bose products from laptop known Bluetooth devices list. All this in order to avoid waking up my family in the middle of the night when I come home from work and open my laptop. I wish my laptop Bluetooth behavior would emulate the smart phones Bluetooth pairing behavior. My smartphones have the Bluetooth On all the time but the smartphones do not turn on all my Bose products on when they are in the vicinity. I also understand the need for Windows 10 to automatically connect Bluetooth devices such as optional Bluetooth mouse and keyboards. I am looking for a solution in where I can prioritize Bluetooth connectivity.  An option in Windows 10 that I can instruct my laptop to not automatically turn on all audio devices unless I do so manually. Just curious, am I the only one with a Bose Bluetooth system and an HP laptop that has this issue? I need help resolving this issue because having to re-pair my Bose audio systems daily should not be an option. Is there a way for Bose to work with Microsoft and resolve this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: soundtouch 300, soundtouch 10 and lifestyle 535 with bluetooth connectivity

Hi adrian537,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. Others have also reported similar behavior with Windows 10 and Bluetooth products. I'd recommend reading through my responses in this related thread.  

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2016

Re: soundtouch 300, soundtouch 10 and lifestyle 535 with bluetooth connectivity

your answer does not solve my question/concern