Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 3, 2017

surround speakers

I have just purchased surround speakers for my soundbar 500 ans after some time have got then connected.

However the sound is very muffled and add nothing to my sound system, I am very dissapointed so I will be returning then and in future just rely on the soundbar 

5 REPLIES 5
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: surround speakers

Hello maljudy17,

Thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the Surround Sound speakers. They were designed for ambient backfill audio for surround sound sources.

What type of sources where you were using when you experienced this?

Did you try by adjusting the level of the Surround Sound speakers in the Bose Music app?

Let me know the results so I can provide feedback.

Best Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 3, 2017

I am using the tv sound and streaming music I think they are now ok but sound is very soft, is that what they should be .I have set the sound to plus 30

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello maljudy17,

The rear surround volume may vary depending on how the rear channel audio is mixed in the source signal. You may find that different content has different values for the rear channels with some being lower background sounds and some being higher more effect based audio . My best advice is to set the volume somewhere comfortable until you find the setting that gives you the desired experience and adjust as necessary. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 3, 2017

have set volume to 50 and they sound fantastic its the best sound I have heard since my days off turntables amps and speakers

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello maljudy17,

Thanks for the reply!

I appreciate you sharing your experience and preferred settings using the Surround Speakers.

If you have any other questions, let us know!

Have a good day.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support