Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 3, 2017

surround speakers

I have just purchased a 500 soundbar and I am thinking of adding the surround speakers, but my room is small only 16 metres from wall to wall so I am not sure if I would get the full benifit from the speakers

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 3, 2018

Re: surround speakers

Definitely get them! They sound wonderful, also the Bose app allows you to adjust the volume. The Bass Module is good too. Pricey, but good.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 3, 2017

Thanks for advice I have just purchased the surround speakers, but athough light is white I can get no sound from the speakers,on the app surround speakers show up in ajustments at the bottom but the only option is plus or minus but id doed not say what the plus or minus does

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi maljudy17

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear you're experiencing some audio issues with the surround speakers, but would be happy to help!

Can we try and test a music source from the Bose Music app to see if the rear speakers play now?

Some sources like the news won't send audio to the rear speakers because the anchor is sitting in front of you and this is where the audio should be coming from.  

Also, some TVs will not output 5.1 audio through their ARC or optical port from an HDMI source like a cable box or DVD player.  A fairly easy test is to connect the optical cable directly to the source like a cable box and see if the audio is better.  

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 3, 2017

Sound now comes ok from the surround speakers but very soft, is that correct. I have the sound set to plus 30