Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmyBracken
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2021

321 GS Series II to Samsung Crystal UHD TU7000 75"

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name  321 GS Series II

Country USA

GOOD MORNING...

found this series of posts regarding the issue I am having,

(SEE BELOW POST COPY/DETAILS POSTED FROM THIS SITE)

but I am unclear as to what I need to do...I bought an optical cord and returned it because I called BOSE to assist me in setting this up and they said my 321 system was too old for my new TV...so I searched for a solution and was thrilled to find your posts here. 

Questions:

Do I need all three of these items to connect the Bose to the Samsung:

1. GETFIT HDMI To 3 RCA HD Digital Video Audio Converter Adapter

2. HDMI to RCA Cable, 1080P 5ft/1.5m HDMI Male to 3-RCA Video Audio AV Cable Connector Adapter Transmitter for TV HDTV DVD

3. GETFIT HDMI To 3 RCA HD Digital Video Audio Converter Adapter

Also...am I understanding it correctly that I must somehow view my BOSE settings on a laptop or device to change my setting on the BOSE to optical?  How do I do this exactly?

I'm not seeing my BOSE menu on the new TV, and the tech support from BOSE could not help-she did a BLIND setting trial that failed, so I am not clear how I view this Bose menu to change the settings exactly, what settings do I choose (OPTICAL) and how to access this?

I found this information online for settings, but I need to figure out how to even see this somewhere to get to it...suggestions?

AmyBracken_5-1623507142969.pngAmyBracken_6-1623507181968.pngAmyBracken_7-1623507206300.png

I would really appreciate any clarification on these items and the settings procedure.  

THANKS - AMY BRACKEN

POST SEQUENCE I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING FROM 2020

321 GS Series II Optical connection to TV

Hello

I have the above and am trying to connect to a new Samsung Smart TV via the optical cable.
The 321 GS works perfectly but the Optical port has never been used.
When I setup the TV to use optical it sets up seemingly okay but there is no sound on the BOSE.
The optical cable shows a red light at the BOSE end so the optical cable is working.
I have no other optical devices to test the BOSE.
What can be wrong?

The only thing I can see is that the BOSE optical input is not working.

There is nothing in the manual at all about the optical input.

The TV only has one output, the optical.

Bose product name

321 GS Series II DVD Home Entertainment System connecting to a new Samsung Crystal UHD TU7000 75" TV

Country USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AmyBracken
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2021

Re: 321 GS Series II to Samsung Crystal UHD TU7000 75"-questions

Author Accepted Answer selected by AmyBracken

1.  I purchased a Composite AV to HDMI converter-plug all RCA colored ends into the correct colors on the converter box, then on the back of Bose system plug the YELLOW in the VIDEO OUT and the RED & WHITE in TV columns.

2.  I purchased an HDMI cable to run from the HDMI plug side of the converter box to the HDMI-2 port on the TV - this allows me to see the BOSE menu on my TV (you must set up the HDMI 2 Samsung HDMI setting and choose Bose) then follow the GUIDE from @NeonsNight to pull up the Bose menu on your TV from the Bose remote control.  Choose TV as your optical setting.

3. I purchased a Digital Optical cable and ran that from the Digital Optical port on the Bose box to the Optical port on my TV and the sound for TV was immediate.

#'s 1 & 2 above allows me to see my Bose menu as well as view and hear my DVD's.

THANK YOU  for all your help.  Bose tech support told me to buy a new system/sound bar and that this was too old to work ....I'm glad I didn't give in so easily and found this resource community. 

THANKS!!   Amy 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: 321 GS Series II to Samsung Crystal UHD TU7000 75"

@AmyBracken wrote:
Hello

I have the above and am trying to connect to a new Samsung Smart TV via the optical cable.
The 321 GS works perfectly but the Optical port has never been used.
When I setup the TV to use optical it sets up seemingly okay but there is no sound on the BOSE.
The optical cable shows a red light at the BOSE end so the optical cable is working.
I have no other optical devices to test the BOSE.
What can be wrong?

The only thing I can see is that the BOSE optical input is not working.

There is nothing in the manual at all about the optical input.

The TV only has one output, the optical.

Bose product name

321 GS Series II DVD Home Entertainment System connecting to a new Samsung Crystal UHD TU7000 75" TV

Country USA

I made a guide to help people connect their 321 receiver to modern HDTV's & components.

I hope that this helps answer your question. Let us know how it worked out 🙂

AmyBracken
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2021

Thank you very much for the details...I did read through this and I am a total novice...so it's a bit confusing....

I think that I will need the optical cord - then follow this option and use the hyperlink you have to my 321 system for the optical settings?  Then use this OPTION 1 setup below...does this sound correct?

Question:  If I do not see the BOSE settings on my TV...how would you suggest I access the menu?

Option 1. Connect everything to the TV

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@AmyBracken wrote:

Thank you very much for the details...I did read through this and I am a total novice...so it's a bit confusing....

I think that I will need the optical cord - then follow this option and use the hyperlink you have to my 321 system for the optical settings?  Then use this OPTION 1 setup below...does this sound correct?

Sure, that works. 

@AmyBracken wrote:

Question:  If I do not see the BOSE settings on my TV...how would you suggest I access the menu?

I have a section in that guide called "Option 0. Video Out issues". If you only have HDMI inputs on your TV I would look into Option 0a and purchase a converter. 

With the current Global Chip shortage, a couple of the converters I shared in that post are sold out. You can search for some of them on amazon. Just go to the article I linked to in that guide to get an idea of what to look for.

I will let you know that it looks like the place I found the Component to HDMI recommendation has updated their list. Something I cannot do for an archived post.

Either that or go for an Optical to Coax converter as shown on Option 2 as you don't need to assign Digital Coax so you don't need the video converter to see the settings. Though personally, I would rather have the option to view the settings so you can access other features like bass & treble adjustments.

AmyBracken
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2021

Author Accepted Answer selected by AmyBracken

1.  I purchased a Composite AV to HDMI converter-plug all RCA colored ends into the correct colors on the converter box, then on the back of Bose system plug the YELLOW in the VIDEO OUT and the RED & WHITE in TV columns.

2.  I purchased an HDMI cable to run from the HDMI plug side of the converter box to the HDMI-2 port on the TV - this allows me to see the BOSE menu on my TV (you must set up the HDMI 2 Samsung HDMI setting and choose Bose) then follow the GUIDE from @NeonsNight to pull up the Bose menu on your TV from the Bose remote control.  Choose TV as your optical setting.

3. I purchased a Digital Optical cable and ran that from the Digital Optical port on the Bose box to the Optical port on my TV and the sound for TV was immediate.

#'s 1 & 2 above allows me to see my Bose menu as well as view and hear my DVD's.

THANK YOU  for all your help.  Bose tech support told me to buy a new system/sound bar and that this was too old to work ....I'm glad I didn't give in so easily and found this resource community. 

THANKS!!   Amy 

View solution in original post

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@AmyBracken wrote:

While it doesn't change anything, I thought you should know that you only need to use the yellow Composite plug. The Red & White RCA plug on the back of the 321 receivers labelled "TV" is an input, not an output.

There is actually no way to output sound from a 321 receiver aside from the speakers themselves. It doesn't even have a headphone out 🤷‍♂️

@AmyBracken wrote:

If you want to watch DVD's I would have gone for the Component to HDMI converter as the Red, Green, & Blue cable gives you a much better video quality for DVD's than the yellow Composite cable, and they are only cost a little bit more.

@AmyBracken wrote:

THANKS!!   Amy 

Glad I could help 🙂