Highlighted
Sergio82
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

321 issues

I have a Bose 321 GS Series III but it will not stop trying to communicate with my TV I have a Samsung TV 2018 Model. I tried changing hdmi ports and cables same thing....

11 REPLIES 11

Re: 321 issues

Hello Sergio82, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your 321 system. Can you kindly provide a full description of what appears to be happening, and I'll be more than happy to help. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Sergio82
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

I plug in the hdmi cable and a blue screen appears and nothing more. The Bose system just says communicating with TV... and that’s it. I waited 5 minutes and no success. I have reset the Bose and the TV numerous times and still nothing. What other information might you need?

Hi Sergio82,

Thanks for getting back to us and confirming this information.

Could you please take a look at this similar thread and try the steps listed. >> 3-2-1 GS Series lll media center "communicating with TV" audio but no video

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Sergio82
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Those are all the first steps I tried before getting in contact with you. I don’t know if there’s an update that I need to do for the system to read the new TV. Like I said I get the audio but no video.

Hello Sergio82,

Thanks for letting me know. Are there any other steps that you have already tried so that I don't ask you to repeat anything?

Also, has this previously been working?

I'd like to recommend a HDMI reset. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Unplug both the TV and 321 from power and wait 30 seconds. 2. Plug in the 321. Wait for it to reboot and select the TV source. 3. Plug in the TV.

Please get back to me with the outcome.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Sergio82
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

The menu option comes up but when I tap the CD/DVD button it goes back to the blue screen. 

Hello Sergio82, 

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Does the issue only occur when you use the system with the Samsung television? Have you tried other TVs in your home?

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Sergio82
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

yes I have 2 other TVs I have tried them on one is the old TV I had it on originally and the second is a newer TV but it’s smaller. And both of them work great.

Hi @Sergio82,

Thank you for the update.

Are you saying the TV's are working great - or your 321 system is working great with them?

Have you ever managed to see picture/video when using the 321GS iii with your new Samsung TV? 

Did the issue only start occurring when you switching to the new TV? Was everything working great before this?

Warm regards,
Sam F