Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2019

321 remote not working

Changed batteries but remote won’t work - is there a reset button or a place to buy another remote?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2019

Re: 321 remote not working

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

When i called BOSE Support, the rep offered two suggestions: unplug the unit, wait 1 minute and plug it back in - also, remove the batteries from the remote, press all the buttons and then replace the batteries - I'm not sure which did it - BUT IT WORKED!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hello Jhorton,

Welcome to the Bose Community! Thank you for making your first post. 

I'm sorry to hear that your 321 remote is not working for you. 

Have you changed anything regarding the layout of the room at all?

Be sure that the IR sensor is not in direct light and be sure that nothing is blocking the front of the system. The system's infra-red (IR) remote requires a clear line of sight. Also, give the front of the system's display a wipe with a clean, dry cloth. If the system's display is dirty, residue on the plastic window may prevent the remote's IR signal from getting to the system.

If you are in need of a new remote, we can certainly put through an order for a replacement remote. Depending on the series of the 321 system you have, the replacement may not be the same original remote, however, we certainly have compatible remotes for the older systems where the remote is no longer available.

Please contact your local support and they will be able to put an order through for the appropriate remote. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

If you need any help or have any questions, please do not hesitate to get back to me.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2019

Thank you for the reply - unfortunately, nothing has changed in the house - Any idea where I can purchase another remore for my dad's 321?

Hello Jhorton, 

No problem! 

Sure, follow the link and instructions provided above and our Customer Service team will be more than happy to put the order through for you. 

We do not stock them on our website, therefore, this will be the only way to purchase one. 

Once you have received the new remote, visit our support site or get back to me if you need any help programming the new remote to the system.

Bose Support

Best wishes,

Charlotte G 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

When i called BOSE Support, the rep offered two suggestions: unplug the unit, wait 1 minute and plug it back in - also, remove the batteries from the remote, press all the buttons and then replace the batteries - I'm not sure which did it - BUT IT WORKED!

View solution in original post

Hi Jhorton,

That's excellent to hear!

I'm glad that your remote is now working. Should you have any problems in the future, do reach out to us and we will be happy to help.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Participant
Registered since

Jul 5, 2020

Tried your recommendation and it worked!!

Thanks!

Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2020

Not sure of my Bose model number remote, but it had completely stopped working, just all of a sudden! I replaced new batteries in it, and it still did not work. I happened to find this solution online and decided to try it out! Unplugged the unit for about a minute. Plug it back in. Took all the batteries out of the remote, pressed all the buttons on the remote without the batteries in it. Then put the batteries back in the remote. Tried the remote again and HURRAH, my remote went back to working PERFECTLY. And, it only took about 5 minutes! UNBELIEVABLE! Many thanks to the Tech for sharing this Solution! ✌

Participant
Registered since

Aug 30, 2020

it worked for me!!! On 8/30/2020

Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2020

This worked for me!
thank you!