Drskis
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

321 series II Plays DVDs but not CDs

Have older 321 series II system that will not play CDs anymore. Says "unsupported format" even though I have played them before. Plays DVDs fine. I believe the same optical pickup is used for both CDs and DVDs. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L

Re: 321 series II Plays DVDs but not CDs

Hi Drskis,

Welcome! Thank you for joining us in the community!

It definitely is strange that this is only affecting the CDs you are trying to play and the DVDs are working fine.

Is this the same with all CDs you try or are only certain CDs not playing? Did the CDs you are using work in the console previously or is this the first time you have tried using them?

The first thing I would recommend trying is a reboot of your system. To do this what you would want to do is:

• Turn the system off. Wait 30 seconds.
  • Unplug the Acoustimass module power cord from the power outlet.
  • Unplug the Acoustimass module cable from the module and media center. Wait 30 seconds.
  • Reconnect the Acoustimass module cable at both ends.
  • Reconnect the Acoustimass module power cord.
  • Wait for the words "Bose 3.2.1" to appear and disappear from the display.
  • Retest the system.

Let me know how this goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Drskis
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

Suggestions did not work.

Andy_B
Community Manager

Sorry to hear, Drskis. As noted above by Keith, is this error message presented with all CDs, or specific ones? Do the same disks work in other CD players? Are these store-bought disks, or homemade? 

Outside of resetting the system, we regrettably do not have any additional troubleshooting to suggest. There may be a hardware fault with the system should the issue persist with all disks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!