Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

321 stuck in PAL, want NTSC

Bose 321

Model: AV3-2-1II Media Center

I was in Settings and inadvertently set the video mode to PAL, and my TV screen shows "Mode Not Supported" so I cannot get back into Settings to change it to NTSC. How can I reset my Bose back to NTSC?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: 321 stuck in PAL, want NTSC

Hey Qrp, 

I'd love to help. We can factory reset the system and this will get rid of all settings for you. To do this: 

1. On the remote control, press the System button. If the system menu does not appear on your TV, be sure the correct TV input is selected.
  2. Scroll right to select Media Center, then press the Enter button.
  3. Scroll down to select Restore Settings, then press the Enter button.
  4. Scroll up to select Yes, then press the Enter button. The display shows Have you been instructed to do this?
  5. Scroll left to select Yes, then press the Enter button.
  6. Press the Exit button to exit the menu.

Let me know if you are able to do this!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

No, that won't work, not because it is incorrect, but because my TV, like 99.99% of American TVs, uses the NTSC format, European TVs use PAL, and since I incorrectly told the 321 that I was using PAL no image appears on my screen. So even if I press the settings button on the remote I have no way of seeing anything on the screen.

About the only way I can do this is if you or some kind soul were to write down each remote button push to do the reset, then I could try that here.

I was hoping that there was some way to reset the 321 without using the screen.

Highlighted

Please try this, qrp. 

• System 1x
  • Right 1x
  • Down 3x
  • Right 1x
  • Up 1x
  • Enter 1x

Be sure to note the LED on the display of the console to ensure each button press is registered. 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

Yes! That worked, thanks much.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

Bose 321 System Reset without Screen using Remote Only