Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 24, 2019

4 cube speakers 2 channel acusticmass

Hi,
I have a series 5 2nd gen speaker system, I recently bought 2 additional cube speakers. Can I connect 2 speakers to to each channel of the acusticmass. Or would it be better to connect the speakers directly to the reciever as it has 4 channels?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: 4 cube speakers 2 channel acusticmass

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

@Rjubis wrote:
Hi,
I have a series 5 2nd gen speaker system, I recently bought 2 additional cube speakers. Can I connect 2 speakers to to each channel of the acusticmass. Or would it be better to connect the speakers directly to the reciever as it has 4 channels?

The cube speakers were designed to connect to the corresponding Acoustimass module which house the necessary crossovers and power controllers.

The cube speakers were not designed to be connected directly to a receiver or amp. As a result the sound may be lacking and the speakers could be damaged.

If you are looking for a seven channel system consider adding a pair of Bose 161 speakers to your receiver if it has additional channels. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hi Rjubis, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

You will need to connect them to the receiver as the Acoustimass doesn't have any extra ports. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

@Rjubis wrote:
Hi,

The cube speakers were designed to connect to the corresponding Acoustimass module which house the necessary crossovers and power controllers.

The cube speakers were not designed to be connected directly to a receiver or amp. As a result the sound may be lacking and the speakers could be damaged.

If you are looking for a seven channel system consider adding a pair of Bose 161 speakers to your receiver if it has additional channels. 

View solution in original post