Jammo1
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

4K Bose

Country Australia

Is there a 4K equivalent to the Bose 135 Lifestyle?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NeonsNight
Leader
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: 4K Bose

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jammo1

@Jammo1 wrote:

Thanks - so how do I connect my Bose 135 Lifestyle and iQ3 and TV - please?

We've discussed this already several times. I really don't know why you're going in circles with this.

You have said that you need a "definite step by step help" to set this up. All without having to think or troubleshoot the issue. You even brought up the option to pay for an installer to comer and to get it set-up properly. 

The same choices are still there for you. You made a decision about what you wanted to do and you decided that you want to use the Bose remote and want everything to go through your Bose receiver. So plug the HDMI into the receiver and follow the onscreen guide. 

If that doesn't work for you, you have 3 options:

1. You either have to go over what has been presented to you. Read the guides shown to you on this forum or even read the manual. See if there are installation videos for your AV35 receiver on YouTube. Then try this for yourself. 
  2. Talk on the Phone to Bose employees who are paid specifically to help to walk you through installing this. It is a free service they offer.
  3. Or you need to pay someone to install it for you. 

Aside from that. I'm not really sure what we can help you with. Plug it in, if you need detailed answers with people who can answer your questions quickly and remove any thinking from your installation for you. You're better off calling tech support 🤷‍♂️

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Bose doesn’t offer 4K pass through on their sound bars any more, nor is the feature required. If you have a 4K TV connect all your devices to the TV inputs then connect audio via HDMI ARC.

The SoundTouch 300 sound bar had 4K

Jammo1
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

NeonsNight
Leader
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jammo1

@Jammo1 wrote:

We've discussed this already several times. I really don't know why you're going in circles with this.

You have said that you need a "definite step by step help" to set this up. All without having to think or troubleshoot the issue. You even brought up the option to pay for an installer to comer and to get it set-up properly. 

The same choices are still there for you. You made a decision about what you wanted to do and you decided that you want to use the Bose remote and want everything to go through your Bose receiver. So plug the HDMI into the receiver and follow the onscreen guide. 

If that doesn't work for you, you have 3 options:

1. You either have to go over what has been presented to you. Read the guides shown to you on this forum or even read the manual. See if there are installation videos for your AV35 receiver on YouTube. Then try this for yourself. 
  2. Talk on the Phone to Bose employees who are paid specifically to help to walk you through installing this. It is a free service they offer.
  3. Or you need to pay someone to install it for you. 

Aside from that. I'm not really sure what we can help you with. Plug it in, if you need detailed answers with people who can answer your questions quickly and remove any thinking from your installation for you. You're better off calling tech support 🤷‍♂️

View solution in original post