Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

700 Bass Module weak bass with 700 soundbar

Hi,

I have just purchased a 700 soundbar and 700 bass module with much excitement, which has been completely destroyed and only further disappointed by seeing simlar issues and realising im not alone with this issue. The bass module produces little to no bass, with the bass at +100 in the app, and high volume only just making some minor noticable bass. I have put my hand on the bass module and can feel a very weak vibration, so its getting some sort of signal but certainly not any that is going to prodcue the "house shaking" bass reviewers have reported. I have tried music, TV and movies and all give a similar poor result. It's also worth noting another issue which seems others have had, the serial number on the box does not match the serial number on the bass module.

I have tried the following potential "fixes" i have seen in other posts (TV connected is a samsung UA65KS9000, with various methods tried through blu-ray player and apple TV as well as just the standard TV signal. Room is about 4.5m x 4.5m)

1. Tried both HDMI and Optical connection - no change

2. Tried the AdaptiQ with and without the bass module turned on initially and defaulting the soundbar each time - no change

3. Have connected the bass module via wireless and also via cable connection - no change

4. Have gone through my TV settings and changed from PCM to other options in the TV - no change

5. Have tried the bass module in various locations in corner of room, closer to the soundbar etc. - no change

This setup had been on my wishlist for a while and i certainly can't hide my disapointment as i enjoy music from a good sound system and this has just been terrible (the bass module only, the sound bar is brilliant!). I am really hoping there is a fix for this as this is a $999 (australia) on its own, and i expect to get a quality bose produce for this price, not something that cant even come close to my old cheap panasonic system which this is replacing (potentially was if there is no fix because i am not keeping this expensive lemon if there is no fix)!

I hope there is something that i haven't tried or missed in other similar posts that fixes this, because at the moment its just a big disappointment. Look forward to any assistance.

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

Re: 700 Bass Module weak bass with 700 soundbar

Same problem here, you may try this method to temporary fix this bug until Bose release new firmware

Instructions for better bass 1. Remove all accessories from soundbar 2. Add only surround speakers (if you have them) 3. Run adapt iq 4. Add the bass module

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

Bass Module 700 weak bass with 700 soundbar 700

Noted that many users have same problem for the Bass Module 700 with soundbar 700 when I use the ADAPTIQ to calculate the sound EQ. It is disappointed and unacceptable.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 26, 2019

Hi friend did you manage to solve the issue? I got mine today and it's the same problem. That bass module cost as much as the soundbar but is acting like an empty plastic box, no effect at all. What the h*** bose, I'm now extremely disappointed!!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

Still cannot resolve this problem, I'm waiting for Bose release a new firmware to fix this issue.

Now, I refer to other reviewers to temporarily fix this problem

Instructions for better bass 1. Remove all accessories from soundbar 2. Add only surround speakers (if you have them) 3. Run adapt iq 4. Add the bass module

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 26, 2019

Mine has the same problem. SB 700 is made in malaysia while the SW 700 is made in China.

Not a electronic guy here, should this be a problem that's why they are not compatible? 

What's next to do? Return the item?  

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Jaysuarez,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

The Soundbar and Bass Module may be manufactured in different locations, but they are still fully compatible with one another.

What issues are you experiencing?  Please let me know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 26, 2019

My SW700 is close to nothing... I tried increasing the volume and set the bass to +70. 

A played in the app to turn on and off the SW700 and seems no difference,  looks like the base is only coming from the SB700. 

I put my hand on the SW700, it has a beat but not as monster like that was describe by those marketing review that you can feel from wall to wall. 

I followed theTONY A steps but no luck(Adaptiq thing). Planning to return if no solution or no firmware update to fix this. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

The root cause is the room calculation of soundbar 700, not the bass module 700. To Boss company, please resolve this problem. Many users have this problem in the world (I live in Hong Kong)

@Jaysuarez wrote:

Mine has the same problem. SB 700 is made in malaysia while the SW 700 is made in China.

Not a electronic guy here, should this be a problem that's why they are not compatible? 

What's next to do? Return the item?  

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

The root cause is the room calculation of soundbar 700, not related to the bass module 700.

To Boss company, please resolve this problem. Don't tell me re-calculate by the rubbish software, adjust the bass volumn by mobile app, restart or reset the soundbar 700. Many users have this problem in the world (even in Hong Kong). Only one way to re-solve this problem, please bug fix by firmware of the soundbar 700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!