JayQ
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

Bose Bass Module 700 Not Working

Bose Bass Module 700 Not Working after just one year.

Come on BOSE, we've paid so much so this bass module 700, almost a THOUSAND dollars for this. It's just over the one year mark and it is out of warranty, no status light, wired, wireless, nothing is working. Now you're telling me I have to pay above minimum $125 to get it fixed. This is a bass module which would not be physically moving around and just over the 1 year mark and I'm supposed to pay so much to fix a "diode" problem you told me? The diode cost less than 5 bucks for you and you're charging me an absurd price and labeling it "labor cost"? I'm sure it takes your staff a mere 10 minutes to get it fixed as this is a known issue where many customers are experiencing the same as seen from this forum. 

BTW, I am physically bringing the bass module down to your service center, I have to incur my own time cost, transport cost and labor cost and still pay almost $200 (including all my own costs) to fix something which isn't CHEAP at all, for just some light usage of about 1 year.

I don't care if you have expenses to cover to be charging a bomb to fix 1 diode, all I care about is I am paying a thousand dollas for a bass module only to know it will be broken and would cost another $200 to get it fixed after just 1 year.  This has to be known to everyone, because the Base Module 700 effective cost price would be $1,200 for the 1st year, $1,400 for the 2nd year and so on and so forth. 

What's worse is this bass module could only be paired with LIMITED specific BOSE products, coudl you imagine if I have diode issue with my BOSE soundbar as well!?

Bottom line, if I am paying peanuts for my devices, I have the option to get replaced easily or pay for the ridiculous repair. HOWEVER, I am paying MUCH higher than MOST products in the market HOPING for quality as well as a LASTING device. YET, this is the kind of aftermarket services from big brand BOSE.

I am really expecting QUALITY components that would LAST or AT LEAST online warranty that covers those cheap components for minimum 3-5 years. How am I gonna tell my friends that BOSE is great with such experiences above? It's really a shame. I am really very upset about paying that much for a cheap diode that would very often breakdown. 

Waiting for BOSE to get back to me and help me fix this issue.

matrix06
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

Re: Bose Bass Module 700 Not Working

I hear your pain, it could happen with anyone and with any brand. It all depends on customer service on how they handle it. After owning Bose products for over a year and half I am now moving towards Sonos. The only reason is that a Sonos Sub can work with any of their products. The versatility which I get with Sonos is what is taking me there. I just ordered a Sonos Arc to compare with my Bose ST 300. If its any good then Bose would be going out of the house. I wish Bose created products keeping the entire lineup of speakers in mind.

DefynDigital
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

I'm experiencing the same issue and no response from Bose still. 

ctenney66
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2020

Bose 700 subwoofer

My Bose 700 subwoofer will not stay connected to my Bose 700 Soundbar. The soundbar is working fine. I have a 3.5mm jack connecting the sub to the soundbar to stop the popping. I’ve tried everything. The light on the subwoofer was yellow now it’s solid white and no bass is coming out. Any ideas?

Mike hibbs
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2020

Re: Bose 700 subwoofer

I just got my 700 surround sound and 700 bass sub woofer and I can’t get the sub to connect ??? Did you get any help?

Community_Admin

Re: Bose 700 subwoofer

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community.

We have merged the thread you have commented on with another as we like to keep all relevant topics together for ease of users adding comments and feedback.

Check out the steps on this thread here to resolve your issue.

Kind Regards,

Community Admin

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
sajit_p
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2020

Even I have same issue and my system is also just out of warranty.

Pfunks
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 9, 2019

Any fix to this problem?