Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carlos88
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2021

700 soundbar remote changing to mono mode

New zealand based. 

Bought the soundbar700 last week, amazing sound, the only issue I am having is with the universal remote. I've paired to my TV. Everytime i turn on the TV with the boss universal remote it sets the TV to mono mode giving me no picture other than noisy sound. Tried everything in the app or the TV but no resolution found. Please help as I love the remote, looks good, the right weight and great function but if it can't control the TV then it would be quite useless. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: 700 soundbar remote changing to mono mode

Author Accepted Answer selected by Carlos88

Hey Carlos, 

Thanks for posting in the forums and welcome to the community! 

I am so glad to hear you are loving the audio from your new soundbar. Let's get this remote issue fixed. Can I please confirm which TV you have and what other devices you have connected to it? This will allow me to proceed further. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_W

Author Accepted Answer selected by Carlos88

Hey Carlos, 

Thanks for posting in the forums and welcome to the community! 

I am so glad to hear you are loving the audio from your new soundbar. Let's get this remote issue fixed. Can I please confirm which TV you have and what other devices you have connected to it? This will allow me to proceed further. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Carlos88
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2021

Hi Vicky, I am using  Sony model number KD-65X8500B, I don't have anything connected to it but the soundbar 700. Somehow everytime I turn on the TV with the bose universal remote, the TV turns on mono mode (no channels available) and I have to use to TV remote to change it back to digital turning. When I turn on the TV using the Sony remote, it works as usual tv is automatically on digital turning.