Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

700 system

I have to have my soundbar on -100 to hear the rear speakers is this correct or something wrong on my 700 system 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: 700 system

Hey there,

That sounds very unusual! Have you tried adjusting the level of the surround speakers?

The level of output will depend on the quality of media you're watching/listening to, so would you be able to let me know what you'd typically use the Soundbar 700 for?

Also, are you definitely getting audio from the Surround Speakers when you run the AdaptIQ process?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

I have the rear speakers set on +100 and I can hear them fine but have to have the sound bar set on -100 it still has great sound and the head set to set up I hear sounds from all speakers I and thinking of changing the rear ones to the 700 rear ones I have the smaller ones on there at the moment . But overall I love all the Bose things I have fantastic sound 😊

Highlighted

Thanks for that update! 

It definitely is odd that you have to have the speakers set to those extreme levels to hear the rear speakers.

When you have the soundbar turned up, or the surround speakers turned down, do you hear them at all? Or are they just quieter than you would like?

As you do hear them when running AdaptIQ, how close are the rear speakers to your listening position? If they are very close to where you sit when you tan the test, they may be being turned down by the calibration slightly lower than they should be.

If possible try moving the speakers a little further away from your listening position and run the calibration again. I would recommend setting the volumes back to 0 on both the soundbar and surrounds before running the calibration as well, then you can re-adjust after to get the sound you like.

Let me know how this goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.