Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jc19
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2020

8K 700T sound issues with Bose Soundbar 700

Hello, I have a QE65Q700TAT tv, connected to a Bose Soundbar 700 Via HDMI. 

I have a few problems when switching between live TV, Now TV, Netflix and other apps. Each app seems to have a different lip sync delay and sounds different, Netflix currently sounds like the sound is coming through a pipe, Now TV is very quiet and you struggle to hear dialogue, where as Live TV sounds okay. I have tested the soundbar setup via playing music directly and the sound is crystal clear. I have tried various HDMI cables to see if that fixes the issues but it has not. I am currently using an AudioQuest Carbon HDMI cable.

7 REPLIES 7
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: 8K 700T sound issues with Bose Soundbar 700

@Jc19 @Are you using the ARC HDMI ports?

Check in your TV Audio settings. Anything unusual?

Jc19
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2020

Hello, yes I am 

Jc19
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2020

No nothing unusual, I’ve tried turning off EARC and tried setting the output to PCM, still the same issues occur 

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Jc19 @Does your TV have a receiver audio or ext speaker option?

Have you tried leaving EARC on?

Seems like your TV is not adjusting to the different sources codecs.

Jc19
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2020

The only settings available are earc mode (auto or off) and digital output (PCM or auto) 

None of these settings seem to make a difference. 

Thanks 

Jc19
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2020

Any official replies? 

Sam_F

Hey Jc19,

I'm sorry to learn you're noticing the different quality of audio across different sources, but thank you for letting us know what you've tried so far. It seems that using the Bose Music app and WiFi streaming, the sound is performing as expected, so we need your TV sources to follow this.

Firstly, try the steps HERE to address the inconsistent audio across sources, and after also try the steps HERE for fixing out-of-sync audio. You will be instructed to try resets and also run the ADAPTIQ process to help calibrate your audio. Once you've tried all steps on both links provided, report back and let us know what you've found! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!