garciapatrics
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

901 Series Speakers Bring them back to the Market for 2020

Dear Sir or Ma'am,

Growing up I always wanted to own a pair of Bose 901 Series speakers. I wish you would bring them back and release them again for 2020!  That would be awesome!

Thank you love your sound engineers!

Pat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: 901 Series Speakers Bring them back to the Market for 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by garciapatrics

@garciapatrics wrote:

Dear Sir or Ma'am,

Growing up I always wanted to own a pair of Bose 901 Series speakers. I wish you would bring them back and release them again for 2020!  That would be awesome!

Pat

Other manufactures are trying this, bringing back older products, modernized and at a premium price. Klipsch, JBL and Technics to name a few. The 901 speaker series is very capable. I think though Bose would have to do something about the requirement for an equalizer as most receivers and amps don’t even have a port to plug in the device, unless tape decks are coming back. As I understand the 901s didn’t come with crossover circuitry that was the job of the equalizer. With today’s electronics I am sure a 901 model could be released with built in circuitry.

The bigger challenge would be selling the product. I am not sure passive speakers is where Bose is going these days. Bose seems to be more interested in networked speakers or personal audio. Even the home theater line has been trimmed down to a solo 5, 500 and 700 sound bars.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: 901 Series Speakers Bring them back to the Market for 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by garciapatrics

@garciapatrics wrote:

Dear Sir or Ma'am,

Pat

Other manufactures are trying this, bringing back older products, modernized and at a premium price. Klipsch, JBL and Technics to name a few. The 901 speaker series is very capable. I think though Bose would have to do something about the requirement for an equalizer as most receivers and amps don’t even have a port to plug in the device, unless tape decks are coming back. As I understand the 901s didn’t come with crossover circuitry that was the job of the equalizer. With today’s electronics I am sure a 901 model could be released with built in circuitry.

The bigger challenge would be selling the product. I am not sure passive speakers is where Bose is going these days. Bose seems to be more interested in networked speakers or personal audio. Even the home theater line has been trimmed down to a solo 5, 500 and 700 sound bars.