Highlighted
John.V
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

AV20 No Sound

Hello,

I have a Boze AV20 Home Theater Surround Sound system that has been working great until this afternoon.  FOr some reason there is no longer any sound.  We changed nothing, but have unplugged the control module, TV (Samsung), Comcast cable box and sub woofer for 1 minute + and reconnected.  also verified good connections for all the connectors.  I can get sound if I enable to TV speakers, but still nothing from the Boze system.  Good power indications etc. as well.  Standing by for any help, thanks.

John

6 REPLIES 6

Re: AV20 No Sound

Hello John, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

It is certainly strange that this has suddenly stopped producing sound and I am very sorry about this. I will do all I can to help to get this working again.

How are you connected? (HDMI/Optical)

Do you have the Comcast cable box connected through the AV20 or through the TV?

I would recommend performing a reset on the control console. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Turn the control console off
  2. On the control console, press and hold Power for five seconds. The red LED will turn off
  3. Release the Power button
  4. Retest the system

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Rummy636
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

I am having the same issue I have cable hdmi to Bose and then Bose to tv with hdmi. Have optical in from tv also. Swapped cables and performed hard reset. Still have no sound. What’s my next move?

Hello Rummy636,

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing difficulty with your AV20. This is absolutely something I can help you out with today, it's great like you have already tried the troubleshooting suggested previously in this thread to no avail. The next step we can try is connecting the optical cable to test if you are able to get audio this way.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Rummy636
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Still got nothing. All connection are in. I know it’s not the hdmi cable due to bypassing the control center so I can get sound out of the tv speakers. Checked all connections and proper settings via tv and box. No clue what to try next

Hello Rummy636,

Thanks for getting back to me, that's a shame that the optical cable did not work either. So that I can look further into this for you, could you please provide a photo of your remote?

It would also be useful to know which Lifestyle system version you have.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,
Zoe C 

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Does anyone have any suggestions other than more questions?