Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AIexS
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 10, 2018

AV35 console replacement

Lifestyles 535 II series

My Lifestyles system got burned in a short circuit when connecting faulty HDMI TV adapter, console AV35 doesn't show any signs of life (power light doesn't switch on). Projector connected to the Bose got burned as well even being in standby mode, but that's a different sad story. Currently I'm looking to replace AV35 console but found out that there are 2 version available: rated 20W and 35W.

That was discussed on the community forum here & here. It was also mentioned that apart power rating consoles are interchangeable.

My console rated 35W (Soundtouch and WiFi capable using separate Soundtouch adapter 412451).

Looking for advice if I can replace AV35 35W console with 20Watt-rated and still be able to use Soundtouch functionality, existing LS 535 setup?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: AV35 console replacement

Author Accepted Answer selected by AIexS

@AIexS wrote:

Lifestyles 535 II series

My Lifestyles system got burned in a short circuit when connecting faulty HDMI TV adapter, console AV35 doesn't show any signs of life (power light doesn't switch on). Projector connected to the Bose got burned as well even being in standby mode, but that's a different sad story. Currently I'm looking to replace AV35 console but found out that there are 2 version available: rated 20W and 35W.

That was discussed on the community forum here & here. It was also mentioned that apart power rating consoles are interchangeable.

Yes, you can use a few different receivers with your LSPS III subwoofer. If you include the 20W & 35W receivers, there are 8 different receivers that work with it.

@AIexS wrote:

My console rated 35W (Soundtouch and WiFi capable using separate Soundtouch adapter 412451).

Looking for advice if I can replace AV35 35W console with 20Watt-rated and still be able to use Soundtouch functionality, existing LS 535 setup?

Thanks!

No. Boselink vs SoundTouch is the main difference between the AV35 (20W) & AV35 (35W) versions.

You linked to one of the pages where I talk about this difference, but I talk about it also in my upgrade guide and I also talk about this difference in the AV20 vs AV35 guide.

If you want SoundTouch, out of the 8 receivers I listed in that earlier link, only the AV35 (35W) is compatible. 

I hope that this helps answer your question. Let us know how everything goes 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by AIexS

@AIexS wrote:

Lifestyles 535 II series

Yes, you can use a few different receivers with your LSPS III subwoofer. If you include the 20W & 35W receivers, there are 8 different receivers that work with it.

@AIexS wrote:

Thanks!

No. Boselink vs SoundTouch is the main difference between the AV35 (20W) & AV35 (35W) versions.

You linked to one of the pages where I talk about this difference, but I talk about it also in my upgrade guide and I also talk about this difference in the AV20 vs AV35 guide.

If you want SoundTouch, out of the 8 receivers I listed in that earlier link, only the AV35 (35W) is compatible. 

I hope that this helps answer your question. Let us know how everything goes 🙂

View solution in original post

AIexS
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 10, 2018

Finally got my AV35 console replaced for my LS535 II Soundtouch system! The 35W version from LS 135 II fitted perfectly. Only required to perform two software updates: one for console itself to able to recognize Soundtouch adapter, and than Soundtouch updated on it's own.

Thanks for support!

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@AIexS wrote:

Finally got my AV35 console replaced for my LS535 II Soundtouch system! The 35W version from LS 135 II fitted perfectly. Only required to perform two software updates: one for console itself to able to recognize Soundtouch adapter, and than Soundtouch updated on it's own.

Thanks for support!

That's great! If it helps, I also made a guide to help people use 4k devices with their AV35 receiver.

I'm glad it all worked out for you 😃