Accoustimass 10 Samsung 4K TV ARC to Yamaha Receiver- No surround sound from L & R rear speakers.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Accoustimass 10 Samsung 4K TV ARC to Yamaha Receiver- No surround sound from L & R rear speakers.

All speakers work but not getting seperate Left and Right surround soumd.  What are the best settings and what could be problem?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Accoustimass 10 Samsung 4K TV ARC to Yamaha Receiver- No surround sound from L & R rear speak...

Hi there @pchiano and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'd be happy to see what we can do for you. 

Firstly, can I confirm that you're referring to the Acoustimass 10 V (rather than an older variant of the Acoustimass 10?)

As you have noted that all the speakers work, I presume that you have tested these by swapping over the cables to test the speakers separately. If so, my next suggestion would be to check the audio settings of the input you're using (both the Samsung TV and the Yamaha receiver if this has a settings menu) and ensure that this is set to a Surround sound format, ideally to a Dolby digital format if possible.

If this is still not operating correctly, can I ask that you double check the impedance of the receiver that you were using? This should be 4-8 ohms. (This also requires the receiver to operate between 10-200 W per channel).

Please check the above and get back to me when you can!

Liam W - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Re: Accoustimass 10 Samsung 4K TV ARC to Yamaha Receiver- No surround sound from L & R rear spea

Acoustimass 10  1997 year  (old)

8 ohms  (should I test lowering it to 6 or 4?)

All speaker work and in 5.1 Surround tests, audio does come out of each speaker but L & R surround does not come out when test calls for it.  Also with Sub Woofer.

Yamaha RX-V679 

Rated Output Power (1kHz, 2ch driven)  105W 8 ohms
Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven) 95W 8 ohms
Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA) 150W 8 ohms
Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms)  125 / 165 / 190 / 235 W

Re: Accoustimass 10 Samsung 4K TV ARC to Yamaha Receiver- No surround sound from L & R rear spea

Hi again @pchiano and thanks for following up!

Provided you're running that at 8 ohms this should be fine and you don't need to lower this, although you are welcome to do so!

Just to clarify here, when you say that each speaker works, do these all play together but not play individually when the surround test indicates they should?

For example, this will play from all the speakers at the start, but when this says "Playing Rear Left" there is no sound? If this is something different, please let me know.

With regards to your Bass Module/Sub Woofer, does this operate in the same way?

Please get back to me when you can!

Liam W

Quiet Contributor

Hi Liam;

Yes,  Speakers, play together but  do not play individually when the surround test indicates they should, same with Sub Woofer.  On a Dolby Movie, I get plenty of Bass and all the speaker play at certain time but the 5.1 sound is not there.  I have of course listen to other less expensive setups that have 100% better surround effects.

Could it be in the sound setup or maybe the ARC connection?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for clarifying here @pchiano !

Based on this, it does sound like there may be something in the Sound setup that is not interpreting this as a 5.1 surround sound format.

I would advise that you check this on the receiver and the TV/source (e.g. if a cable-box is used with it's own settings) and ensure that this format is selected just as you suggested!

If this is set to Stereo, Mono, 7.1 or 3.1 this may explain why you're not receiving the correct audio all the time.

Please give this a go and let me know!

Liam W