Pawelgawel
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

Acoustimas 10v rear speakers vs invisible

Hi.. I have the 700 bar, bass module and rear invisible speakers.. I was wondering how much difference would there be if I substitute the invisible series II speakers for a pair from the acoustimas 10V series direct/reflecting series II?

Just wondering if the double cube will provide more noticable tones...

I love the new 700 speakers but the stands are $200 extra and that's a huge turn off.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Acoustimas 10v rear speakers vs invisible

Not compatible.

Highlighted
Pawelgawel
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

When you say "not compatible", what do you mean??

I'm still using the receiver power adapters with them, that's what links to the main bar.. all I'm doing is substituting speakers and wondering how it will differ in the sound. 

Technically I can connect any speakers I wish to the power adapters and it should give off sound.

Highlighted
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Then, why are you asking the question?  Listen to them and decide for yourself.

Highlighted
Pawelgawel
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

I'm "asking" those with experience with both, how much of a difference there is between them. 

If I had both I wouldnt be asking this. 

I cant get any clearer than that... if you dont know please don't post useless replys.

Highlighted
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Those speakers are not compatible with the Bose Soundbar 700.

Highlighted
Pawelgawel
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

Your technical wisdom is greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Highlighted
Alexioklini
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 7, 2016

Of course you can use the speakers from an acoustimass 10 set. 

Why Not - i did it myself but did not notice much difference.

What really made a difference are the 700 speakers - they really sound better and clearer.

kr, 

alex 

Highlighted

Hi Pawelgawel,

Thank you for posting and for this question.

It could be possible to use the speakers from an Acoustimass 10V with the receivers for the rear speakers, as they do use the same connection as the Virtually Invisible rear speakers. However, the soundbar does tune the audio signal being sent to the rear speakers to ensure you get the best sound possible out of those particular speakers. 

If you were to change out the rear speakers for a different model, there would be no guarantee of how good this would sound as the adjustments made may not translate well to the different speakers. 

I would like to open this up to the community to let us know your experiences, if anyone has had any success using other Bose speakers as rear speakers it would be interesting to hear from you.

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Bose builds and sells speaker systems and sound systems.  They are not built for mix and match.  You should stick with the specified components or else, you're on you own as to will it work and how will it sound or even, will you damage something.