Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2020

Acoustimass 6 series 3

I have an acoustimass 6 series 3 bought it in 04 I think and it still sounds great to me. I'm in the process of upgrading my receiver and was wondering if it's possible to add atoms speakers to my system. I'm wondering because of the way the speaker wire into the sub woofer with rca Jack's. Then a ribbon cable is used to connect speakers to reciever. I've always wondered why the speakers are wired this way?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Acoustimass 6 series 3

Hi there,

Thank you for your post and welcome the Community! 

Regarding your query, our Acoustimass 6 series 3 system would not support the addition of Atmos speakers.

The system is designed in this way as the speakers and sub are a full system. The Bass Module handles the signal processing and distributes to the speakers to allow for the unique Bose sound making the system sound as good as possible.

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 22, 2020

Hey thanks for the response. What happens if I connect my 5 surround speakers directly to the new receiver, and connect the bose subwoofer as well via rca jack. Would the low end signal be sent to the sub woofer. 

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch! 

The Acousimass' bass module features active equalization which positively impacts the sound of the surround speakers. I would not recommend connecting them directly to the receiver. 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

I am in the same boat here.  I have the Acoustimass 6 III Bose system, and I hate all the cables (15pin) and speaker wiring that is rigged from multiple shelves (my AVR is on a higher shelf, and the sub. is on the lower shelf) - so i have wiring and holes going through my walls, so to accommodate all the extra cables from the sub. Would this 15pin cable system be eliminated if i just replaced it with a new BOSE sub? Please advise!

Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

No, you must use the sub you have and connect all 5 cubes to that sub.  Maybe it's time to sell that old Bose on eBay and purchase a new system.