Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: Adding zones to my AV35 with an SA-2 and an SA-4, also have soundtouch adapter.

@dnowitz wrote:

thanks, 

I am not familar with the AV35 features, so i guess i dont know what I am even missing. Ill google, to find some highlights. 

I made a few posts talking about that system, one by comparing it against the AV20 and another one where I talk about the audio formats it supports and showing how to connect them to 4K TV's.

@dnowitz wrote:

All my listening today is either from an Apple TV, logitec bluetooth receiver, or radio, CD's. 

Well, AppleTV is simple enough with the AV35 as it has an HDMI input. The SoundTouch adapter might help you as it does add Bluetooth, internet radio, Airplay 2, streaming from iTunes on a PC/NAS drive, and would allow you to play the same music on your SA-4.

If you were interested, the V35 came with an iPod dock for the receiver that gave it an on-screen menu to browse through the iPod. Just know it uses the older 30 pin connection since it came out in 2010 (though you can use an adapter)

sddefault.jpg

@dnowitz wrote:

also, 

As i didnt find the power supply for the AV35, i went and bought one on ebay, only I accidentally bought at 35W power supply, instead of the 20W (doh), now I need to return and repurchase, along with the bass. 

You do have the AV35 remote correct? You will also need a different cable from the subwoofer to the receiver. Here is a link to an unboxing video of a Lifestyle ST535 showing what's included in a complete system. So ignore the parts around SoundTouch like the adapter and the USB cable.

I am unsure if you need to replace your power supply or not. I know that with some things like USB chargers you can have more amps than a device needs and the device will just not draw that much power.

I would call up Bose and let them know that you purchased a replacement power supply online and you discovered that there are two versions 20W & 35W. they should know if you can use a 35W power supply with an AV35 (20W).

dnowitz
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

Re: Adding zones to my AV35 with an SA-2 and an SA-4, also have soundtouch adapter.

"You do have the AV35 remote correct? You will also need a different cable from the subwoofer to the receiver. Here is a link to an unboxing video of a Lifestyle ST535 showing what's included in a complete system. So ignore the parts around SoundTouch like the adapter and the USB cable."

Unsure about what cable I will need. found a good deal on a PS28 III on ebay, but no cable was included. Are you sure its different than what I am currently using?

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@dnowitz wrote:

Unsure about what cable I will need. (..) Are you sure its different than what I am currently using?

Well, you tell me 🙂

I shared with you this guide to let you know what will and won't work with the AV35. You told me you have a PS38.

This is the underside of an LSPS (the same family as the PS38).

x018LS28iiB-o_subBACK.jpg

This is the cable used to connect the LSPS to the AV18. It has a 9-pin mini-DIN on one side and an RJ45 on the other.

Bose.jpg

This is the underside of an LSPS III (PS38 III to be exact) which is compatible with the AV35 receiver

ps38.jpg

This is the cable used to connect the LSPS III to an AV35. It is a double-headed 9-pin mini-DIN.

61bm912GBbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Unless you are mistaken in what you wrote and you have a PS38 III then yes, you need an LSPS III and a different cable.

@dnowitz wrote:

found a good deal on a PS28 III on ebay, but no cable was included. 

If you found a good deal on a PS28 III (and you don't actually have a PS38 III) I would grab it then call up Bose for the cable and see how much it will cost. You could also google them or search for them on eBay.