Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Re: Advice for 4K Soundbar and speakers?

I currently have three things connected to the TV: the Directv receiver, the 4K disc player, and a PS4. That’s probably all I would use, and I might play music from my phone on the speakers. That’s why I was looking for speakers that could also be put in other rooms, kind of like the Sonos system. 

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

The Bose Soundbar 700 with rear surrounds and Acoustimass module is probably what you want.  You can use the Bose Music app with this system and also a couple of the  Bose Home Speaker 500's for music in other rooms.

This is the newest Bose system.  Just a word of caution, you cannot mix the new Bose systems with the older Bose Soundtouch 300 soundbar and other Soundtouch devices and the Soundtouch app.  They are a completely different system.  The new Bose systems are not backward compatible.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

I’ve been looking at the 700 you suggested.  One thing I didn’t understand is when you wrote “The Bose Soundbar 700 with rear surrounds and Acoustimass”

The 700x the subwuffer, and two surround speakers would be about 1,800. 

Would this system definitely fit my needs with the pieces I listed in my room above?

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Only you can answer that question.  The Bose Soundbar 700 by itself give your front left, center, right channels for TV viewing.  Add the rear surrounds for rear left and right.  Add the subwoofer for low bass frequencies.  With all of this you will have a Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound system for viewing TV, Netflix, etc.  You can also use it for listening to music in surround or stereo in that one room.

With the Bose Soundbar 700, you use the Bose Music app on your phone or tablets, etc.  With the Bose Music app, you can play music to certain Bose speakers placed around your home.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Thanks, Jim. I meant will my 4K Blu Ray player and 4K TV work with it? Earlier posts said it’s not necessary a 4K thing with Bose sound. 

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Yes, they should.  However, some people have problems for reasons I don't understand.  I read more problems with Samsung TV's than others.  My Bose Soundtouch 300 works perfectly with my LG 65C7P OLED and I have never had one single problem.  Just make sure you understand the store return policy in case you have a problem.  Best Buy has a 14 day return policy, no questions asked.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Jim has the SB 300 and the Sub 300 and the Bose Surround Speakers which are sort of wireless.  id recommend that combination, as the SB 300 is on sale for $450, and is very similar to the SB 700.  You can always get the SB first and then add the sub and surround speakers as you go, either way the SB 300, 500, or 700 will sound exceptionally better then any TV's speakers.  If you want Atmos, you have to check out another brand, as Bose is currently working on integrating Atmos with their systems.  

Just one thing to note the SB 700 is very long, check out the specs to make sure you have enough room.  That was the main reason I went with a Lifestyle system over a sound bar, Sub and surround.  I have the LS 650 and love it.  My wife loves how small the speakers are.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

@Xyz987 wrote:

If you're sure it is a soundbar you want, take a look at the Bose Soundbar 700.  If you want a full 5.1 surround sound experience, get the Bose rear surround speakers and Bose 700 sub-woofer.  I would not worry about other zones, etc. until you get this up and running and make sure you like it, etc.

On the other hand, if you're not set on a soundbar, look at the Bose litebluestyle 650 system.  Another option, and the one I recommend, is a 3rd party Dolby Atmos receiver and a Bose Acoustimass 10 speaker system.  That would give you 5 double cubes and a subwoofer for a 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound system.  You can then add additional overhead speakers for a 5.1.2 (or more) Dolby Atmos system.

But, to answer your original question, you probably want a Bose Soundbar 700 with rear surround speakers and Bose Acoustimass module.  Then, I think a Bose Home Speaker 500 for every other room where you want to play music wirelessly.

Bose soundbar 700 is a great option

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

If I got the Bose Soundbar 700 system for one room and then added Bose Home Speaker 500 in other rooms, would that all work together?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

You are referring to the Sound bar 700 and Sound Bar 500?  then yes they all work excellent.  Bose has designed these sound bars to give the viewer and listener exceptional sound and an immersive to feel like you are in the movie.  

Enjoy your new Bose Sound Bars, and invite me over for popcorn and a movie soon good friend!