Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

Alex and Bose app looses connection

Hello,

My Bose 700 sound bar works great for three to four days.  The fist thing I notice is Alexa drops out. Just flashes orange when prompted. Next I open the Bose app and it can not find the Soundbar. If I reboot the WiFi router I’m able to get into the Bose app and remove the voice assistance and reinstall it. All works great! The next three or four days go by and I have to repeat the process. Any help is appreciated.

thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

Re: Alex and Bose app looses connection

Author Accepted Answer selected by Blkloud63

Defiantly the fix. Router issue. Thank you for your help! 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Hello Blkloud63,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm deeply sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with the connectivity of your Soundbar 700. 

It's great that you have started by rebooting your router! Have you tried any other troubleshooting at all? 

I would recommend that you also reset the soundbar by removing the power for 30 seconds.

Additionally, please visit this page to ensure that your Soundbar 700 is running the latest firmware version. Manually updating your Soundbar

It is also possible that this could be a network configuration problem. Do you have a dual-band router? (2.4GHz and 5Ghz)

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

At first I as unplugging the power source and that did not help. Then I moved onto resetting the router. The router is dual band.  To do a manual update I will need to buy the cord to do so. Is that step the final option?

Highlighted

Hello Blkloud63,

Do you have the bands split into the different bands? If so, which do you have your Soundbar connected to?

You can use any micro-USB cable if you have one to hand! You can also check if the Soundbar is up to date by view the product info in the Bose Music app. The latest version should be 6.0.15.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

Band is correct but it did need a manual update. But it updated to 5.0.12-7158+9376780 not 6.0 do I need to do it again?

Highlighted

Hello Blkloud63,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, please. Most of the time, each update needs to be installed and you cannot bypass them. 

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

Same zip file as we go along?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

I ran it again and it goes threw its process you see led going back and fourth. When it stops I check the app for firmware version and it stayed the same?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

After multiple try’s when I do the manual download It will not update any further. I’m stuck at 5.0.12-7158+9376780.  I’m getting very frustrated at this point and ready to return this to the store. 

Highlighted

Hello Blkloud63, 

The update was only released on 11/05 and it released staggered over a number of days. Therefore, it seems to not have been uploaded for the manual update yet until the automatic updates are completed. 

I'd like to go back to looking at your network settings. What band do you have your soundbar connected to? Do you have many devices on your network that could lead to a restricted bandwidth?

If possible, please take a look at our recommended router settings and make any necessary adjustments:

• UPnP - Enable
  • Multicast - Enable
  • IGMP - Enable
  • Wireless Isolation - Disable
  • IGMP Proxy - Disable
  • Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N
  • Stealth mode - Disable
  • MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list
  • WPS - Disable
  • Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.
  • Security type – WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.
  • WMM – Disable.

Once you have done this, please let me know if the connection has improved.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G