cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
victor.jones@sky.com
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2021

Am thinking of buying bluetooth enabled hearing aids - will they work with a solo 5 sound bar - any

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name  Solo 5

Country UK

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
victor.jones@sky.com
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2021

Re: Am thinking of buying bluetooth enabled hearing aids - will they work with a solo 5 sound bar -

Author Accepted Answer selected by victor.jones@sky.com

Thank you for that, I had a suspicion this was the case.             

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Am thinking of buying bluetooth enabled hearing aids - will they work with a solo 5 sound bar -

No.  Both devices are BT input.  What you need is a BT Transmitter.  Some newer TVs have one built in that may work for you.  Older TVs you may be able to connect a transmitter to the "headphone out".  I can't recall if the Solo has a headphone out, but I don't think it does - Meaning anything you connect probably has to go to the TV.

victor.jones@sky.com
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2021

Author Accepted Answer selected by victor.jones@sky.com

Thank you for that, I had a suspicion this was the case.             

View solution in original post