Emilia
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

Amazon at Bose soundsbar 700

Hi everyone,

I’m using Bose soundsbar 700, and from the beginning until now, every time I open the Bose apps, The amazon tap is always said that ‘Amazon always continue working to support more country and platform. Stay tune for more information’ 

I took a pic of it, but I don’t how how to attach it here. 

I do have amazon subscription. 

Does anyone know why? How to fix it ? 

Thank you. 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Amazon at Bose soundsbar 700

That probably depends on what country you are in and it's not a factor that amazon may support other devices there already.  If Bose in your country shows the speaker has Alexa on their website then it may be a technical support issue.  If they are not marketing it in your country then it's a matter of waiting until they (and amazon) are ready to announce it.

There are a lot of requirements (for their own testing and for Amazon) that they need to fulfil to move into a new country.  While I don't know what they are, an example would be they have to test out new languages and accents to a certain level before they can get compliance.

I have seen cases of people activating in the US and then moving back to a country that doesn't support it, but that seems to be no guarantee that it will continue working.

Emilia
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply. 

They do support Alexa here. I’m in Melbourne, Australia. 

I went to the Bose store where I bought the soundsbar, the staff there said it is so weird. The amazon apps supposed to show Musics there. 

I have tried to delete the amazon from the apps and reinstall it back, still it doesn’t work. No idea why. 

Thank you again for your reply and feedback 🙏

Emilia 

Hi Emilia, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of your issue with Alexa, this is most unusual and I'll see what I can do! 

Thank you to @Morlock for your helpful contribution!

I would recommend signing out of your Bose Music Application, delete the application and then reinstall. You will then need to sign back in. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Emilia
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

Hello Jessie, 

Yes, I have already tried all those. I deleted the amazon from Bose apps, even log out from amazon music itself, and reinstalled them back, plus also already did deleted the Bose apps and re installed it back. 

It still doesn’t work. 

Thank you so much for helping, Jessie. 

Hope you can find a solution for me 🙏🙏🙏 

Emilia 

Hello Emilia, 

I'm sorry to hear that this has not helped! 

May I ask you to create a new Bose Music account? 

Additionally, do you have any VPN's on your device?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Emilia
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

Hello Charlotte, 

I don’t think I have VPN. I connect the soundsbar straight to my internet modem. 

Thank you 🙏 

Emilia 

Hello Emilia,

Thanks for getting back to us and confirming this. 

The VPN could be installed on the device you are using the Bose Music app on. This means that the IP address and location will be disguised. If you are not aware of a VPN being installed, it is most likely that you do not have one, unless there is anyone else who has access to the device. 

Were you able to try creating another Bose Music account and setting up the system again?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Emilia
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

Hm, I could try that. 

I’ll let you know how I go. 

Thank you you very much, Charlotte 🙏 

Emilia