Covert
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

App keeps shutting down at wifi retrieval

The app will find my sound but when trying to retrieve wifi the app shuts down. I cannot connect my sound bar to the app. Which means I can’t connect my sub woofer and wireless surround speakers. Very frustrating. The sound bar connects to the tv perfectly just not to the app!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Covert
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Re: App keeps shutting down at wifi retrieval

Author Accepted Answer selected by Covert

Yes I have done all the same things you have. I don’t have a cord like that to hard wire the base module too. Nor should I have to with equipment I have paid $1800 for. Hopefully Bose can help. Because I love the system just sounds like the app isn’t working properly

11 REPLIES 11
JBlanco
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

This same issue is happening to me as well. I just purchased the Bose 700 soundbar and the 700 module. The soundbar connects to the tv , but when I try and sync (pair) my soundbar to the music app, the app shuts down when it retrieves the "wifi connections" (the step after finding my product to connect). I was not able to pair my soundbar nor my Module to the app, instead I had to hard wire my module to the soundbar with my "Beats" headphone cable (A CABLE THAT'S NOT EVEN PROVIDED BY BOSE?!?!?!....you would think it would come with the system).

This is very frustrating because the 700 system is through the app, until the app works with my products, I can not make any adjustments on my 1800$ system.....

Yes, I already tried the unplugging the power for 2-3 minutes, resetting the app, uninstalling the app, turning off my phone, turning on and off my WiFi/Bluetooth, pressing the Bluetooth and play/pause button the Bose remote for 5-10 seconds. ALL THE SOLUTIONS HAVE NOT WORKED EXCEPT FOR THE HARD WIRE!! YES, the router/modem is only a few feet away, and yes I tried both 2.4 and 5 internet connections. I do not have any others with any of my other devices, except for this Bose device I pay a good amount of money for.

Covert
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Covert

Yes I have done all the same things you have. I don’t have a cord like that to hard wire the base module too. Nor should I have to with equipment I have paid $1800 for. Hopefully Bose can help. Because I love the system just sounds like the app isn’t working properly

att2
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

This is now happening to me on a newly purchased Bose home speaker 500. Any tips for me since this connection cannot be hardwired?

Hi All,

Thank you all for posting and making us aware of this issue. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are all experiencing this similar issue and I would love to assist you with this. 

I would highly recommend that you delete the Bose Music App from your device and then attempt to set up the Soundbar 500 via the Alternate method listed here. Then once the Soundbar is connected to your Wi-Fi router please re-download the Bose Music App and attempt to add the Soundbar to the account. 

Please attempt these steps above and update us on the result of this. 

I look forward to hearing back from you all in regards to this and I can only apologize for this experience that you are all having.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

JBlanco
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

Skip button? Is this for the old remote or new one for the 700?

Hi JBlanco, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. 

This is for both the 500 remote and the 500/700 Universal remote! 

I hope this clears this up for you and please do let us know if you have any other questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

JBlanco
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

Okay that worked, now for the module? It’s not coming up on the app.

Hi JBlanco, 

Thanks for posting and update me on this! I am glad to hear that this resolved this for you. 

You can use your Bose Remote to do this, Simply press and hold down the Bluetooth and Play/Pause buttons at the same time for 5 seconds - until you see a pulsing white light on the front of your soundbar. It is essential that your Bass Module 700 is in pairing mode when attempting the remote pairing.

To check this - the LED on the back of the Bass Module 700 should be blinking amber to indicate the bass module is ready to pair.

I hope this helps and if you have any other issues please don't hesitate to reach back out to the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

JBlanco
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

Hector thank you, I’m all set. Everything is good to go. You saved me from giving up and returning my Bose products to Best Buy.
A few more things:

When trying to add my Nintendo switch, it deal to populate on the app. I set up my Xbox, PlayStation, and Apple TV.

Lastly, when connecting my soundbar with HDMI, should the arrow be putting towards the soundbar or point outwards? 
Also, is it necessary to have both the optical cable and hdmi cable plugged in? Which one provides better sound?